Do you ever wonder....

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure I understand my ILs sometimes. I'm not mad, I just don't get it. We had beautiful family pics taken. We're going today to order them. There were many great shots of the family, each of the boys etc (the pic in my siggy is one of them). We sent the gallery website to our parents so they could order what they wanted. The portrait prices are very reasonable. I'm going to end up spending like $400! My parents are spending about $150. And my ILs are spending $30. There are over 50 pics and they got 4 in the smallest size possible (4x6). They are loaded so it's not a money issue. I would think that they would want at the least some 5x7's or 8x10's of their only grandchildren proudly displayed in their home. I just don't get it. It's wierd to me.

April 24th, 2009, 12:36 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
I stopped ordering photos for my MIL because she doesn't display them. Do your ILs put pictures of people on the wall? Mine is more about art on the wall. Whereas my parents, who have a total of 13 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren (one on the way).....have pictures ALL OVER

April 24th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It certainly makes you wonder doesn't it. I got pics done and ordered tons to give along with xmas gifts and when I asked my mil what sizes she would like she wasn't too interested. My parents wanted pics for their offices at work and also some for home. They have artwork on the walls but put the kids pictures on shelves and the mantle. My mil has a family pic on her wall, which does not have my dh, myself or the kids in it, so I sent her a family pic of us and she never put it up and when we were down in Feb she did not have the xmas pics i gave her up. Not to mean to her but I just don't get it, these are her only grandkids and it's weird to me too, I mean not even the 5x7 is up on a shelf or anything. I doubt my mil would have bought any, she would have made an excuse. I try not to but I end up comparing my parents with her and i know it's not fair to her but i just dont get her.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

May 3rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nowadays, I've gotten to the point where I scan pictures and email them (if there is no website on which to show them) and let them print them out themselves. I can't afford to buy everyone pictures and they really can't either. I do think it's odd that they didn't spend much money on the pics, but who knows?

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
May 3rd, 2009, 06:24 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I haven't been there in 2 years because they live across the country but she does have pictures of people not just artwork unless she has changed things. Who knows? I didn't buy anything more for them. We purchased wallets and a 4x6 of the boys for each set of our grandparents though. They aren't tech savy enough to look at the online gallery, so I will be sending those out for Mother's Day to them. I know both sets of mine and one of DH's will proudly display them, I'm pretty sure DH's other grandma will too, but I've never been there so I'm not real sure what she does.

May 3rd, 2009, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does you DH feel the same? That it's weird? Mine except it as the way she is but I just want to understand. Of course there could be no reason and that is just how she is.
BTW your siggy is beautiful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search