Hey

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2009, 06:09 AM
danniegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I am having issues with DH aunt. Ever since DH and I got married almost 4 years ago his aunt tells everyone that I act stuck up and that I think I am better than anyone. Which I dont. I treat everyone equally to a point. Well dh and I are both military we met in the military. So his family is in Ks and mine is in Delaware. Our first duty station was NC and we visited my family more as it was a 8 hr drive and we could go down on a weekend or something as to his is a 14 hr drive. The first time I went dh just got from his first deployment. WE went over thanksgiving. That is when his aunt felt the need to say these things about me.

WEll I found I was pregnant with dd in 07 and at the same time got orders to WAshington State. Well I had dd and its the first grandchild on my side second on his. Well my mom flew out three times to washington and as we all know the economy is bad so we couldnt afford to go anywhere. Well She would talk about how I am keeping dd away from them as my family is the only one who gets to see her. In all reality i flew to delaware twice becuase my parents paid for the ticket. Well Now we are back in NC. DH got orders before me and he stopped and visited his family in KS and all she could talk about is how i should have let him bring dd. i understand she wants to see her but that is my daughter and its easier for me to care for her on my own than dh as his job in the military is more demanding.

WEll I just recently had ds and here she is just starting back up again. Isnt enough I am going to Ks for two weeks. I mean we only spend a weekend at a time with my family. Well she is already planing all these big parties and drinkfest for her and dh. I mean its his aunt. DH wants to spend time with his mom and I understand i love my mil. Well she is talking that the reason dh doesnt want to party is becuase of me. Why is everything my fault. If dh wants to drink its all fine. I wont cuase i breastfeed (which is another problem to her) I am not allowed to breastfeed my son in front of her children so i need to bring my pump and bottles. I work a lot so when I am with my son he is strictly on the boob. I am not trying to offend anyone but what can i do? I am bringing my pump becuase dh and i want to maybe go out without the kids. But i am afraid that his aunt will show up and I dont want her around my children with her attitude and talking bad about me. Granted they are under two but my daughter understands and is starting to repeat everything i dont want her to call me bad names. DH is actually on my side and just tells me he will handle it. but she ONLY does this when he isnt around. How do I handle this? I am half tempted to say screw the trip me and the kids are not going but then it affects mil. sorry so long

May 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs! That's a tough one. How does your DH want to handle it? Have you talked to him about how you feel? I don't think that cancelling the trip is the answer. Maybe you and DH need to have an understanding that if she says anything at all rude to you that you will leave and go to your MILs or wherever you are staying. It's unacceptable. And if she doesn't want her kids to see you bfing then she can keep them away from you while you are feeding. It's not your job to interupt your ds's routine for her ignorance. It's just a baby eating!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search