Everybody's Got 'Em.....so the Burning Question Is....

Forum: Inlaws

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2009, 02:18 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do You Love 'Em or Hate 'Em????

Whether you're New to the ILs Board, a Familiar Regular, or Just Lurking to see if everyone else's are as crazy as yours, We Welcome You!

So add a reply and answer the question.........

June 11th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Most of the time I despise them but I deal with them and their stupidity when I have to.
June 11th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
Not a fan of them!

Unfortunately, the in-laws will be here for five days next month after the baby is here. I don't think I'll be able to tolerate them for too long. They have to stay at a hotel since we rent, but still!!! They will be over for many hours a day. Already told DH they have to find something else to do a few hours a day. I do not want them over from morning to night.

June 11th, 2009, 10:10 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I once could say I tolerated them... however, I know just despise them! I can't even think about them without wanting to vomit!
June 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can't stand them. I am so tired of all the drama they create.
June 12th, 2009, 01:32 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trying my hardest to like them. His mother means well. Just get frustrated with her advice. I've learned to stay back and pick my battles that are worth fighting. She treats me well for the most part. Just that she's very controlling and treats Jason and I like we're children.

June 13th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our relationship is very odd. She can be a really nice person at times but at other times she is such a spoiled brat. DH's oldest nephew has been told point blank by his grandmother and aunt (MIL and SIL) that he is only welcome at Grandma's house if he is in the company of his father because he was an eight year old kid in February during his first visit to MIL's new house. I guess until he is an adult, he won't be welcome in what I consider "Grandma's House of No No's". Our relationship is a bit strained right now because she doesn't want us to move to NC next year to be near my family (who are not total psychos who want their houses to like something out of Martha Stewart's twisted fantasies). I know that the first time that our child acts like a child, he or she will be in the doghouse where MIL is concerned. She likes the idea of being a Mrs. Claus type of grandmother, but the reality is that she is too tied to her fantasies of having a perfect little house with a place for everything and everything in its place to actually be a doting grandparent to any of her grandchildren.

June 15th, 2009, 06:00 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I guess I'm the oddball here. I actually get along with mine.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
June 15th, 2009, 08:19 PM
She is bossy, rude, a brat, then gets so mad if she doesn't get her way. We don't talk to them anymore because she doesn't accept me or my SIL. Her reason why she won't call here is because DH travels a lot. Well what does that tell you?? I am so thankful they live 8 hours away and hated having to go up there because all I'd hear about is her work, her friends, her her her, yet she couldn't shut up and listen if I had anything to say.
It's so bad that they have no clue we are moving 5 hours south of here!

but I am so glad to hear that at least some of you get along with your inlaws
June 29th, 2009, 07:15 PM
New here - and I despise every last one of them - MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL - all of them. Nothing but a bunch of troublemakers!
July 11th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Hard to say much--they live way far away-and I am OK with that. Last I heard they think I am rude and interfering. Told me not to call and bother them-I have not called again since hmm September 27 2007.
July 22nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
WashburnWifey's Avatar Super Duper Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to WashburnWifey
Hello Il room, I am actually new here. I wanted to say that I love my Il's but sometimes my DH can be such a mommy's boy... he is spoiled rotten. They actually live 4 hours from us so we don't see them very ofter, but when we do things seem to be just fine... Nothing to terribly controlling or off the wall yet...thank goodness!!

August 4th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't hate them but I dislike them....
*9 weeks * 4/11/13
*5 weeks * 6/22/13
August 9th, 2009, 08:49 PM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
FIL is okay. MIL is crazy as all get up.

August 24th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I love them, they are cool enough. Like any person I know they can get on my nerves sometimes, but no more than my own family. They're actually a lot less trouble than my family.

James Arwen est. April 2, 2005
Alice Marie - January 9, 2008
Winter Rose - February 14, 2012
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

in Heaven Baby in my belly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search