The latest from my MIL

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really do love my MIL. I get frustrated with her about a million different things but at the same time, I truly think she is a good person at heart . . . self centered, but not Mommie Dearest or anything. I just wish she would keep some details to herself because she has started sharing way too much info in the past few months.

I guess I am pretty conservative deep down and hearing the details of MIL's sex life and her fantasies. . . well, it sort of makes me feel weird. I now know that she wanted to have sex at the movies last week but someone else came into the theater so that ruined that plan. I know that she wants to run unclothed with her bf through a sprinkler in her backyard (there is no fence on two sides of the yard so heaven help the neighbors who see a pair in their late 60s frolicking in the buff through the water). I have been informed that she wants to have sex in the gazebo in the backyard. . . I suppose her backyard plays a big part in her fantasies or something. Knowing this makes me feel odd sitting there sipping lemonade in the gazebo with her making small talk because I guess I am just not an exhibitionist either. She had a disagreement with her bf on Wed and ended up falling while on a burning off the anger walk which sent her to the ER. I guess they gave her some pretty good drugs there because she told me this afternoon that while in the ER, she propositioned her bf. . . wanted to have sex right there in the exam room while waiting for the x rays and such.
She promised me that she would be able to come to the u/s with DH and I on Friday morning. I just hope she doesn't manage to scandalize the u/s tech because I think her buffer/filter/ whatever it is that is supposed to make you not say whatever thought pops into your head. . . um. . . it appears to be broken. I mean, I know "Mama Got Needs" as she so eloquently put it a few months back, but have mercy on the rest of us woman and don't give us the x rated details.
Thanks for letting me vent. I get a blessed week in NC with my parents (who if they have sex are kind enough not to tell me all about it over the dinner table) starting Saturday, so for at least seven glorious days I won't be physically present when MIL feels the need to share.

June 26th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I am glad that my mil doesn't even try to share details. I am ok listening to friends and stuff but mil? I don't know why but it would creep me out. Did you mention before she has a daughter? Does she talk to everyone like that? I hope you have a smooth u/s with a quiet mil! And ya for the break from the x-rated details!

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

June 26th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do have a SIL and MIL just tells everyone the sordid details, which does make DH go "Ugh, Mom. . . you don't have to share with us. We really, really don't want to know."

u/s went great. Katherine was kicking my bladder the whole time. Guess she thinks she is going to be the next Mia Hamm. lol

June 26th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww a little girl, congrats!! I love that name, if I ever have another girl her name that is her name.
I don't get why she would share with her kids?! Wouldn't that have creeped her out if her mom or mil did that to her? Maybe she doesn't have enough friends to share with.
Have a great time away from all that!!

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

June 29th, 2009, 10:45 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a little girl!! Geez on the MIL. I once had mine show me her nighties. I really can't remember how or why I ended up in her closet with her showing off her negligees but It was definately not something I wanted to see or think about! I assume that you have politely and humorously said you don't want to know and she has ignored that so there isn't much you can do. I can't remember where but I seem to remember someone who didn't want to hear about something interupting the person by saying something like "whoa, whoa, whoa, toooo much information! I don't want to hear about that!" And then when the person tried to continue they would make this close your mouth motion with their hand and a noise like "shpt" until they got the picture and quit trying to talk about it! Maybe thay would work LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search