Did Everyone have a Happy 4th?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2009, 09:38 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everyone had a great 4th! I did not have to see my ILs. How about you? Holidays can be the worst for IL behavior so please share your stories!

July 6th, 2009, 09:56 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lucky. Jason's mother decided to lash out at me infront of company on the 4th of July since apparently I do everything opposite from what she says. Jason made her upset I think because she tried giving advice, but he said we're raising Jordin how we want and that we do scold her when she does something wrong.

I've tried the whole take advice in one ear and out the other, but argh! His mom makes me upset. His mom's controlling. She buys Jason whatever he wants then afterward says the bank is closed. There's only so many times that I can stand hearing that phrase. I don't want a dime from her. I was so livid the other night that I tore my closet apart and have everything ready to walk the heck out of here. I was upset mainly since Jason didn't stick up for me when his mom tried to belittle me.

July 6th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was on the road on the 4th but went to see my MIL yesterday. She was a bit snippy but I am going to be generous and blame it on her recent leg injury. At least she has accepted that we are moving to NC next spring so overall, it wasn't a bad holiday.

July 8th, 2009, 02:16 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1984 View Post
Lucky. Jason's mother decided to lash out at me infront of company on the 4th of July since apparently I do everything opposite from what she says. Jason made her upset I think because she tried giving advice, but he said we're raising Jordin how we want and that we do scold her when she does something wrong.

I've tried the whole take advice in one ear and out the other, but argh! His mom makes me upset. His mom's controlling. She buys Jason whatever he wants then afterward says the bank is closed. There's only so many times that I can stand hearing that phrase. I don't want a dime from her. I was so livid the other night that I tore my closet apart and have everything ready to walk the heck out of here. I was upset mainly since Jason didn't stick up for me when his mom tried to belittle me.
Ugh! I hate it when they stick their noses in where they don't belong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethB View Post
I was on the road on the 4th but went to see my MIL yesterday. She was a bit snippy but I am going to be generous and blame it on her recent leg injury. At least she has accepted that we are moving to NC next spring so overall, it wasn't a bad holiday.
Sorry that she was a sour puss!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search