2.5 Weeks Until the ILs Come

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2009, 02:07 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's almost that time again. Sigh. I really love that they live so far away but I hate that it means when they do visit it's for like a week! I think we will be going to IL for a couple of days to meet them at DH's grandparent's house since they haven't seen the boys. I actually adore DH's grandparents although their house is far from childproof so Sam will really be a challenge this time. It's been about 1.5 years since we saw them so we're due. But that means putting up with my MIL a couple more days! I think it will be about 10 days this time. Ugh!

Anyone else got a visit coming up?

July 21st, 2009, 02:14 PM
mom2nate
No, thankfully! My dh doesn't want them to be at Nate's birthday party this year (he didn't last year but my conscience got the better of me and I invited them anyway) so I am hoping to not have to see them until around Christmas! Yeah right.....I wish
July 22nd, 2009, 06:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh 10 whole days. That would be rough! I am lucky that my mil lives far enough away that she can't just come over but also close enough that she doesn't stay more than a weekend.
We are going to see her this weekend. My 6 year old has been asking if we can visit so time to get it over with. I emailed my mil over 2 weeks ago about the dates and said we would be coming over this thursday or friday and confirmed friday this past weekend and she emailed me back saying she wished I had given her more notice so she could have gotten some family together to see the kids but I left it too late to organize anything, this from the woman that didn't even call to let us know she was coming down in april, we heard about the dates from my step sil. Sorry to take over the tread. It's like my mil needs something to complain.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

July 22nd, 2009, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are having to spend ten days with such a disagreeable person.

July 25th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I'll make it through! LOL

July 27th, 2009, 08:04 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're in my thoughts. I would go bonkers if I had to be around Jason's mother for 10 straight days. I live 6 minutes away from her right now which is bad, but at least I only deal with her a few hours every so often. She hasn't been bothering me much after our last fight on the 4th of July.

July 28th, 2009, 07:03 AM
It's definately a mixed blessing that they live so far away. I only have to deal with her 3-4 times a year but it's a week or more at a time! It's a whole lot better since we moved from an apt to a house so now they have their own room and bathroom so she spends a lot of time there.

July 29th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Super Mommy
I have the best (i mean worst) of both worlds....lol

We live near all our ILs on DHs side, i see them at least twice a month AND we often spend our december holiday at someones holiday home.... sigh. this time everyone is going somewhere else so i am free this year.... yipeeeee

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
July 29th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Ugh! We have to go out there for Christmas this year. Definately not looking forward to that. One more week until they come....

July 30th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Super Mommy
I am going to ILs tom night..... yippeeeeee wait trying to calm down my enthusiasm

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
November 30th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've got every bit of DH's family pouring in for Christmas. BIL with his new girlfriend who I hope isn't a complete tool. MIL has weasled things so that Christmas is at her tiny apartment instead of at our house where we have said all along that we would love to have it. His Dad and his wife are coming in as well and she's a trip, actually they both are but luckily despite this they're nice people. The two MIL's (step MIL and actual MIL) have this fued going about DH and BIL that has spilled over to MIL telling step-MIL every chance she gets that step-MIL is not a real Grandma to my son so I'm sure that will continue. MIL is getting into her "lets show off" mode for her other son and his girlfriend and she's bugging me to basically do all the work as though I don't have anything better to do than bake day in and day out.. Oh and step-MIL will want to go shopping and she's a pain to go shopping with.. picks out the most hideous stuff for DS and farts in public (then giggles about it).

Its fun.. in some deep dark reaches of h*ll.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search