Again with this woman!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2009, 07:48 PM
mom2nate

Does it make me a horrible mean person if I don't invite my in-laws to my son's birthday party? I have really had it with her! When my husband told her he was starting to have these little mad rage fits (you know all 2 year olds do) her response was that he is bored and he needs to be entertained better during the day and he wouldn't have the fits. If I could have went through that phone I would've strangled her. I have had it with her comments. I am seriously ready to pop a vein and am so sick of her mouth.

My conscious always gets the better of me and I always end up inviting them but this year I really don't want them here. All they do is sit or stand away from everyone else and talk about their grand-daughters when they do talk. Is it really horrible for them to be told we're not having a party???? My suggestion is to have our party and then if/when they ask we tell them they can come down the next day if they want but we aren't having a big party or anything....In my head this is what I want. In my heart it feels wrong but it really is what I want to do for a change.....
July 29th, 2009, 08:15 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't blame you! What a rude thing to say! My ILs live a long way away so it's a bit easier for things like this. I'm just waiting for them to claim they are coming over one of the boys' birthdays. My parents make every effort not to come while they are here to give them their time but I rather they don't come for the birthdays because I want my parents here and I'm not sure it would go well with them all as my mom is supergrandma and a bit of the "in charge" type and that would upset my MIL and she would annoy the living daylights out of my mom. LOL We just had Nolan dedicated last Sun and my ILs were neuther informed or invited as they are coming soon. My MIL didn't know about Nolan's shower either. Mostly because she'll insist on being there and then well like I said it doesn't go so well. Sometimes ignorance is bliss! In our case we just purposefully don't mention it and it's never come up. I'm not sure if that would work with the birthday or not. You could always have another small cake with them on another day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search