Would this piss you off?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2009, 11:05 PM
3preemies4me's Avatar Regular
I'm probably making more out of this than I should but I can't stand my MIL so let me vent for a minute!

My MIL decided to by forward facing car seats for her car for when my twins ride with her. They are a year old and they've never been in her car. There is really no reason for her to need car seats. I'm not letting the boys ride with her because when it comes to the safety of my children, I'm a nazi and she's...well, a flippin idiot so no they will never be in a moving vehicle with her behind the wheel! NEVER! But, it just seems to me that out of respect and common courtesy for us, the parents and decision makers for the children, that she would consult us before buying car seats to make sure we are comfortable putting them in those particular car seats. Not going to be an issue, I know, but its the principal behind it. She bought the cheapest looking car seats available and before anyone says maybe that's all she can afford, um no, my FIL makes GOOD money. I shouldn't be surprised though, she makes a lot of decisions without consulting us first so why would this time be the exception?

Am I making more of this than I should?
I just hope she kept her receipt!

I should implement a MIL trade in program (kinda like the cash for clunkers program). You trade in your piece of crap for a better model. I'm a genius. I know! LMAO!
August 30th, 2009, 10:43 AM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL Love the trade in idea! I'm with you my MIL will never drive with my children in the car but then again she has a DUI (prescription meds). So yeah, no brainer for me. Should she have asked. Yeah, they are your kids. You have tye right to decide which carseats are acceptable. It was really silly to buy them though. Even if for some reason they were riding with her, why can't their own seats be used? Very silly and annoying for sure!

August 31st, 2009, 02:33 AM
Super Mommy
aaaa MILs........... mine got arrested on friday for shoplifting (she was too stupid to wait in the line at exchanges).... so so she dswopped it on the floor and got busted........

the only reason i feel bad is for the rest of the family (especially DH). but honestly i am not suprised. what goes around EVENTUALLY comes around.........

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
September 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My kids won't be riding in the car with my mil because she has very poor judgement, she has gotten into the car with her drunk dh more than once and even allowed his grandson in the car during one of his drunking drives.
She should have asked you and as stated in a previous post u can always use your own so it's just silly to buy new ones.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

September 2nd, 2009, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, it's her wasted money since they obviously won't use them. It would annoy me too. My MIL has 2 DUI's (did jail time), drinks and drives and chain smokes and asks to take my son places. Yeah right lady! I'm starting to think we all have the same MIL..lol.
September 2nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My MIL chain smokes and is on all sorts of meds so I don't want her alone with my DD in a house much less in a car. Your children, your decision. . . if she doesn't like it, it doesn't really matter. She doesn't get a vote on the rules regarding your children.

September 2nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Regular
my mil went out and bought ONE car seat for her car ( we have 2 kids who still use car seats) because she didnít like using ours because she wanted one that would match the seats in her car. they never go anywhere innless im with her and we still have to pull one of the seats out of our car if we i go somewhere with her, which isnít often the seat she bought hasnít even been used yet though in the 6 months she has had it because the one time we did go somewhere with her, she forgot it at home
September 2nd, 2009, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was dumb enough to let MIL drive once with Ivy in the car. Nothing happened, but never again! When she got back she said "thank goodness I took those vicodin before I left, otherwise my back would have really hurt!"

My MIL is a piece of... work. I'm sure you'll see many posts from me in the next few months.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

September 5th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Rayel81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(Hello, I lurk here often as it feels so nice to have others that understand!)

Ha, I'll never have this issue as my MIL is so useless that she doesn't even have a liscence! So when she's in town for a visit we have to babysit her constantly as she has no independance- where we are, she is- there's no escape.

But you absolutely have the right to feel the way you do. They're your kids and you have the final say in all matters.

Thank you Claire1979 for my signature

September 10th, 2009, 04:46 PM
CM09's Avatar Member
Yup, that would piss me off too. She should have at least asked you first.
I decided even before I got pregnant that my kids would not be driving with my MIL, she can be a crazy driver sometimes. Once we were driving together and almost went through a red light, with traffic already crossing in front of us. All I could do was say 'red light..red light..RED LIGHT!!' and held on for dear life. Then she slammed on the brakes and snapped at me that she had seen it. ugh.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search