Birthday Party

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2009, 07:46 PM
mom2nate
The woman is insane. I reluctantly invited my inlaws to Nathan's birthday party again this year b/c I felt it was the right thing to do. Well my 3 year old niece was helping him open his packages (no big deal to anyone) and MIL kept saying "Adi move out of the way" "will you move so I can get a picture"...you get the idea...she was being rude about it to a toddler. So finally MIL grabs Adi's arm and physically moves her so she can get her **** perfect picture. My mom almost let her have it...Adi's mom was pissed and said we're leaving that's it...I forced her to stay but she stayed in the kitchen away from the crazy woman after this. I was none too pleased either. I told my husband it was bs and he pulled her aside and told her about it and of course she didn't do anything wrong. She didn't mean anything bad blah blah blah....My husband told her she needed to be more aware of what she was doing and saying and stop acting like a b*tch. Of course then she was in a mood for the rest of the day....I swear next year she is not coming when everyone else does.
October 12th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah. Sounds like our MILs would be lifelong buddies. You have my complete sympathy. My condolences to you.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

October 15th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like my mom.

October 19th, 2009, 05:44 AM
ugh - been there done that - but it's usually MY kids that she's doing it to during cousins bdays ----
here's the thing I keep coming back to: It's MY family and I don't want her to ruin our events anymore. At the events at my home now, when she does come , she is practically ignored b/c people just don't want to be around her....

If she has to come again, put a sign with her name on it on a seat in the BACK of the room FAR away from the presents - maybe a "Kids only" upfront type of thing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search