Husband's Birthday

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2010, 01:21 PM
mom2nate
So my husband turns 40 next month! I want to have a big party for him but I so do not want to invite his family! What do I do? They are such pains in the a**es. The last time we were all together (my family included) was a disaster b/c of his mother's mouth/attitude. The last time we were at his mom and dad's it was a disaster b/c all they did was yell at Nathan every 20 seconds (and I won't have that again!).....It seems like every birthday and every holiday is ruined by not wanting to put up with them but having to
January 4th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just don't invite them. If they are that bad then your DH should be on board. We've taken to having parties and then not inviting them. We invited them to dds birthday party thinking that since they live in CA, they wouldn't come. Well once we invited them, they decided to come, and then forced us to invited 1000 other relatives in the northeast just so they'd have an opportunity to visit... then they contributed nothing to the party and a party that should have cost $150 ended up costing $500 to throw. Nice. ANYWAY after that we started just not inviting them. We had an Xmas party the week before xmas and we just didn't invite them. Afterwards they were mad because they would have come. It was just friends and co-workers and out ILs are so bad that even our friends and co workers who have met them can't stand them. For the next birthday we just won't invite them to the actual party. If they want to come down around dds birthday time, they can. If they want to get together with other family, they can. But I'm not letting them blow our small get together up into a huge fiesta again, lol. So just dont' ivite them and then tell them it was for friends and co-workers if it comes up. Not everything is a family event.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

January 4th, 2010, 03:30 PM
mom2nate
That would be nice in theory but the only people that would be invited is my family and his family so if I didn't invite them I would feel incredibly guilty for not having his family here for his birthday party. I need to stop feeling guilt when it comes to them is what I need to do....DH says screw them but I keep trying....why is the question!
January 4th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG I wish my DH would just say "screw" his family. I would so be on board with that. He's the one who keeps giving those SOBs chance after chance. PArt of the issue is that his poor step dad is actually fine, it's his crazy freakin mom and crappy sister that are the issue.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

January 4th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send out invitations, but mess up the address accidently on purpose, oppps. Convince yourself its correct and that way you wont feel guilty. IDK, I just woudlnt invite them either.

Or you could look at it this way, if hes already saying screw them, wouldnt it be going against his wishes to invite them, and cause guilt that way? Which would be worse?

February 5th, 2010, 02:34 AM
JustBreathe
I hope you didn't invite your in-laws. Update us!
February 5th, 2010, 08:51 AM
mom2nate
I did invite them...I just couldn't not invite them. I feel like my husband says one things but really means another. They actually came down for a visit last Sunday and it was great....maybe they've changed...I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.......but I ain't keeping my fingers crossed on that one!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search