Does anyone have really GREAT in-laws?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 07:14 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just stopping in to visit, and from scanning the first page posts, it looks like most everyone has in-law gripes.

My true MIL passed away just before DH and I started dating. I knew her from church, but not well. My FIL remarried afterward, so my MIL is really DH's stepmother...but she's wonderful, and I adore his dad. They're both having health problems this week (she's in the hospital now with chest pains; he's scheduled for surgery on Thursday) so they're in my thoughts even more than usual this week.

Does anyone else have great in-laws?
March 15th, 2010, 09:05 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
My in-laws are actually not that bad, though I do have some issues with them.
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

March 16th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Super Mommy
I really like mine, my ex mil was really difficult but my current in laws do so much for us.
March 16th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Super Mommy
I love my inlaws. My MIL told me on Facebook a few days ago that she had the best DIL on earth The only thing that matters to her is that someone is good to my DSD and loves her. We have custody of my DSD, btw. They like it that both me and DH put our kids needs first. DH and I have been married for almost a year now. I was worried about what they'd think of me because I'm not working right now. I quit my job and moved an hour & 1/2 away when we got married. It was the best thing for the kids. We didn't want to change my DSD's school (thier granddaughter) and my son liked the area. He had to change schools for middle school anyway and didn't like his school so he was changing regardless. I quit last June and still haven't found anything. We lived with them for the first two months as well while waiting on our house to close. (DH was already there, we just moved in too) They talked to DH about us moving in with them to save money & so we wouldn't rush into the wrong house. I thought they'd be like "Oh, she's not working now. She's just going to bum off of our son" type of thing but they haven't at all. They've been great about everything. They've tried to help me find something but know what the market is like here. It's about 12% unemployment and we are in a very small area whereas I was in a large job market before. I'm able to watch ours & SIL's kids when they're sick, to put my DSD in ballet classes and take her, etc. I can pick up the kids from daycare if anybodies running late from work or needs to go to the store. It's actually helped my SIL to keep her job b/c she doesn't have to miss work unless she takes them to the doctor. I love her kids so I like being able to help. She and MIL work at the same place and their job has gotten really strict on everything. DH says not to worry about any of that, that they like me.

I think I have amazing IL's.
March 16th, 2010, 07:43 AM
LG1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That does sound like a really good family.

I am greatful that my IL's aren't as bad as some. There are issues but it could definitely be worse.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search