How often do you see your ILs?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 10:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you see them on a regular basis? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Annually? Do they live near you?

I see mine about once every 4-6 weeks on average. That's too often for me. They live about an hour away, but we have to drive in to visit since they don't have a car or drive.

Jenn
March 1st, 2010, 02:28 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I see mine at least once a week. They're only a few miles away, and we go to the same church. The girls just adore them, so we try to stop by once in a while during the week just to visit too.
March 2nd, 2010, 02:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
WAY TOO OFTEN.

When I had dd they visited (from CA to OH) 9 TIMES in 3 MONTHS. OMG. All of them uninvited. Then we told them to cool it and they scaled it back to once a month, but that was still way way too much. They are NUTS. Now they visit maybe 3 times a year, possibly 4 but it is so irritating because it's every holiday we have. Plus they are always calling, emailing and wanting to SKYPE.

I think it's really bizarre that MIL calls DH EVERY SINGLE DAY. Most days he doesn't answer his phone. If he did she would call MULTIPLE times per day. She just wants to be this close knit family now that we have kids, but we don't want it and she can't get that through her thick skull. If she was a nice person and actually considerred ME to be part of the family, maybe we could accomodate her but she is a mean self centered piece of work who considers me as nothing more than a womb for her grandbabies.

Anyway if he doesn't answer his phone, then she'll cal me, and then she'll start texting and e-mailing. Omg. IT's like having a stalker.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

March 5th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I only see my FIL about once every 3-4 years, he lives out of state and doesn't make any effort to come see us, we have to go see him and DH doesn't like his step-mom. I see my MIL about twice a year which is too much imo! She lives about 5 hours away, she comes our way to drop off her youngest child to the father that still lives here, so here visit's are short which I'm grateful for.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
March 11th, 2010, 12:00 PM
LM1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Way too much if you ask me. Although I love my niece so it's a toss up. My one BIL and his family live 15 min. away, as does my MIL in the same town, and the other BIL is another 10 min. from there. Plus my husband does EVERYTHING with his brothers. Thankfully my FIL and his gf live 2 provinces over so we don't have to deal with them much. Unfortunately, my family lives in that province as well.

March 14th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Only about once a year, thank goodness. We used to live right next door to them for 8 miserable years. Now we live 2300 miles away! It's still too close sometimes.
March 14th, 2010, 01:01 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
Well I am the oddball out because although I do not want to be I am living with mine currently. In that response I have to see mine every single day. Uuuuggghhhhh!!! I even had to open a blog to vent.
March 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennmommyoftwobeauties View Post
Well I am the oddball out because although I do not want to be I am living with mine currently. In that response I have to see mine every single day. Uuuuggghhhhh!!! I even had to open a blog to vent.
OMG! I could never. MIL actually assumed we going to live with her - she had a 3 family house - when we got married. I quickly corrected her of that notion, but that did not stop her from mentioning it once it a while. Even that gave me the heebie jeebies.

You must be a much better woman I could ever be!

Jenn
March 15th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Never. Although I'm sad for my daughter, DH's family was awful and we put as much distance between us and them as fast we could once she was born.
March 15th, 2010, 09:59 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
They live in Michigan and we live in Arizona now.. We see each other about twice a year. I wish that Kyleigh could see them more because they are her grandparents, but I don't really like how they have acted towards her, so I don't know if I'm too upset about the distance. haha
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search