comments from ILs so bad you'd never tell your DH

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 12:59 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have your ILs made comments to you that are so hurtful/bad that no matter how much you may dislike them you wouldn't ever tell your DH they said it? Do you feel the need to protect your DH from how awful your ILs truly are? Does he know they suck or think they're okay & you guys just don't get along?

March 1st, 2010, 02:30 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No way. If they say anything hurtful to me, DH knows about it. We agreed long ago that (to the appropriate extent), he deals with issues with his parents and I deal with issues with mine. I certainly wouldn't let my mom, for instance, get away with saying something rotten (and unfounded) to him without calling her on it, and I wouldn't expect him not to stand up for me as well.
March 1st, 2010, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't tell DH immediately that MIL had called DD a little B*&^%. I told him after my mother was in IN with us, helping us pack to move to NC. It was easier to tell him when I had someone to help me take care of DD so I didn't feel so overwhelmed. I let him know that his mom is totally nuts, although he does try to make a few excuses for her (MIL being a cancer survivor and heavily medicated for mental health issues)

March 1st, 2010, 08:45 PM
mrsrowe2b
I can honestly say that if MIL was to say something rude/hateful/horrid to me, DF would know about it. She's already said some hateful things to him about me, BEHIND me back...
March 2nd, 2010, 06:24 AM
Super Mommy
i tell DH so she wouldn't dare. she did say rotten things during the engagement but she learn t her lesson.......

Dx - unicornuate uterus - ask me, i am not shy
March 2nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoKatieB View Post
I didn't tell DH immediately that MIL had called DD a little B*&^%. I told him after my mother was in IN with us, helping us pack to move to NC. It was easier to tell him when I had someone to help me take care of DD so I didn't feel so overwhelmed. I let him know that his mom is totally nuts, although he does try to make a few excuses for her (MIL being a cancer survivor and heavily medicated for mental health issues)
Sounds kinda like my MIL She says all manner of rotten nasty things to me and gets off pretty might because shes got mental issues and is a cancer survivor.

I tell him everything she says though. He pretty much hates her at this point, but is unwilling to totally cut her off becuase if he did she would self destruct. For reals. Theres been a couple of times where she bahved so badly we cut her off for just a month or two and man... she went nuts.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

March 5th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH already knows how much his parents suck, I tell him everything that they say to me and nothing surprises him, sadly he's used to them.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
March 11th, 2010, 11:57 AM
LM1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My IL's don't say things directly. They imply it, and I'm very sensitive to tone of voice. So my husband doesn't pick up on these things. And I tell him later, no matter what it is. Sometimes he defends them, or sometimes he will say he didn't notice and I tell him to pay more attention because he should be defending me!

March 15th, 2010, 10:04 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
They haven't really said anything bad, but I would tell DH.
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.
April 7th, 2010, 08:02 PM
BigGrin's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Once my MIL told me that she had "all these dreams about when our son becomes a doctor...that he'd support us. Now he's married and we have to split the money with you." I was shocked...so basically their son is nothing more than a paycheck. She literally stated he was an "investment" and now the returns aren't what they expected.

I dropped a tear in the ocean, and whenever they find it I’ll stop loving you, only then. ~Unknown
April 28th, 2010, 09:54 AM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
When it comes to the mean things my FIL tells me or says to me I tell him right away. I do not keep anything from him. At times I think he is tired of hearing about it considering according to him there is nothing that can be done since he is not here. I know that he does not think the same of his parents as he used to. He makes snarky comments such as he hopes he gets stationed in California (we are on the east coast now--so is his parents), and I said we will be away from my family (and mentioned not that they would be all that big a deal) then mentioned his and the same thing. He said oh that is a good thing isn't it?
July 25th, 2010, 01:58 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsrowe2b View Post
I can honestly say that if MIL was to say something rude/hateful/horrid to me, DF would know about it. She's already said some hateful things to him about me, BEHIND me back...

mine is my Fmil but this is exactly the way mine is to. crazy B!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search