Would you be friends....

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
with your ILs or like them if you weren't married to your DH?

I posed this question to DH about MIL and even he said that he wouldn't like her if he weren't related to her! But alas, he is!

Jenn
March 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That would be a big fat NO!! Although DH was friends with my sister, that is how we met.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
March 11th, 2010, 07:09 PM
LG1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. We couldn't be more different.

March 12th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
**** no!! I wouldn't give MIL the time of day. Same as my SO. He only associates with her cause she's his mother. She can't understand why he's so hard on her. I guess the fact that she was a drunk and he almost died at birth, to be followed by her abandoning him and his brothers, then denying his existance, and mooching off of him when he did allow her in his life as an adult should have nothing to do with it THANKFULLY shes leaving FIL yet again and is moving far away She will not be missed. Yeah, she is not a good person. FIL is miserable, but he has a good heart. If it wasn't for SO I wouldnt be able to see past that, so I suppose no to him too.

March 12th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HEck no. We have NOTHING in common.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

March 14th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
No way in h e l l! I don't mind FIL so much but if I didn't HAVE to deal with MIL I wouldn't at all.
March 14th, 2010, 11:58 AM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
I am not sure about my MIL, but I definitely would not speak with my FIL had Tommy and I not gotten married. He is judgmental and then some. I have to post how things went yesterday. Can we say WOW!!?
July 29th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
NO!

July 29th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The only one I wouldn't talk to ever would be my MIL. Though I don't foresee me being friends with my ILs if DH & I were to ever separate.

July 29th, 2010, 04:08 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
I think I might be one of the only people who actually likes their MiL. I actually like her a lot. She is really nice and good with DS. If I was not with DH, I dont think I would have ever met her though. She is such a successful career woman, so hard working. I dont think her path and mine would have ever crossed..

August 3rd, 2010, 01:34 PM
gctattoo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm only fake nice to my DH's siblings so there's no way I'd want to be around them if we weren't related. For the most part, they're a bunch of prejudiced, intolerant, condemning people who hide behind their religion. And they have really dirty houses. Against my beliefs on every level!
September 27th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Super Mommy
I wouldn't even tolerate them if it weren't for my husband.
September 27th, 2010, 04:10 PM
momma2011's Avatar Shannon
Send a message via AIM to momma2011
Probably, at least for a little while. If I wasn't in the family circle I wouldn't know how crazy she was. Plus, I could take breaks from her when she got too needy. I've been the needy friend before so I tend to give my friends a lot of leeway there.

I grew up across the street from SO and his family, and I loved her to pieces when I was a teenager. Looking back, the crazy was always there, I just didn't recognize it at the time.

Thanks to Graysmama for my pretty siggy!

October 6th, 2010, 01:16 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Probably not.. my FIL is not very dependable and kinda sketchy when it comes to money. His wife (DH's stepmom) is pretty cool. I would get along with her. One of his half brothers is like the dad. Alright guy, but has a pill problem and can't hold a job. Never returns phone calls and it hurts my DH's feelings.

My MIL.. eh. She is really REALLY needy. We pay for a lot of her stuff (save that for another time) and still hasn't seemed to be able to cut the cord. She wouldn't even speak to me for like 4 months when we started dating. I understand her missing him, but he is a grown man and we are trying to start our own family. She makes it very hard.

Oops.. didn't mean to write a book.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
October 6th, 2010, 02:22 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
H E L L NO! I can't stand a single family member of his. Even he can't stand his own family, he just knows he's stuck with them.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

October 7th, 2010, 02:02 AM
**Nicole**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no and i am sure my MIL feels the same she puts up with me as a DIL and i do her as she hates geoff being with me and i hate that she is his mother. why is it the wife has crap ils but the men have good ones
October 11th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I'd be friends with my SIL, in fact I refer to her as my sister. As for my MIL, FIL, and DH's brother....nope. I wouldn't associate with them if it weren't for my DH and our kids.
October 22nd, 2010, 07:50 PM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
My current IL's are wonderful. I love them SO much. My Ex IL's... NO WAY IN HE77!
October 25th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
NO! MIL is totally nuts. FIL is a boozer (not married to MIL or I would say maybe she was the reason). BIL is really needy (has to have a woman in his life to feel he has worth) and SIL is really aggressive (although being raised being bounced between MIL and FIL . . . I can sort of understand her need for complete control).

November 16th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
No question about it, YES!! They are the best people in the world! Except for my SIL! If we didn't marry brothers, we wouldn't have anything to do with each other.

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search