MIL---LONG---sorry

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2010, 08:47 PM
mom2nate
OMG!! This woman is so depressed b/c her favorite grandkids moved to the East Coast. They moved last summer and she has been a walking basket case ever since. I told DH that she would spiral down when they left and kill herself over it and that is exactly what she is doing! He just talked to her and she admitted that the depression is b/c they moved. She is now having all these physical symptoms from the depression but no one thinks her health problems are b/c of the depression...DUH!

She has 2 other grandsons that live relatively close to her that she could become more "active" with but she chooses to ignore the fact that they exist and just sits at home and cries b/c the others are gone. The newest baby lives 45 minutes away and she won't go see him because she just doesn't feel good. The baby has heart problems and has been in and out of the hospital since he was born in November and she basically wants nothing to do with him because she doesn't want to deal with the fact that he has health problems...(she told DH this)...basically she can't handle his problems so she just tries not to be around him too much...this is really really awful in my opinion! She went up to see him after a heart surgery and she literally could not take seeing the staples in his chest and she has not seen him since. I just can't believe it.

I knew the other grandkids leaving would be hard on her but never in a million years did I honestly think that for one minute she would ignore the new baby (she has always ignored our son) and just sit at home and cry all the time and have no will to do anything.

It's really kind of sad but she is going to have to pull herself out of it...she's the only one who can.
March 11th, 2010, 08:53 PM
LG1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is absolutely terrible! Some people make me sick!

March 11th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that she is acting that way and cannot see the precious grandsons that are so close to her. It's her loss and hopefully she'll snap out of this before she misses out on too much.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
March 12th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like my MIL. Only it wasn't US that moved, she moved before we even had kids. She begged us to move to Ohio so we could be close when we had kids. We hate ohio, but moved here anyway. Anyway three months after we moved here, she moved to the West coast! She didn't have to, but the bigger paycheck was just too tempting for her. Anyway shortly after we got preggers and had DD and she LOST it. Downward spiral from there and she takes it out on all of us. She treats me and DH like crap, spoils dd rotten and doesn't give a flying rats butt about the incoming baby.

I hate her.

Anyway it's unfortunately that she is acting the way she is, but just let her be, theres nothing you can do.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

March 13th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry she's acting this way. There's really nothing you can do about it. She's a grown woman. To ignore her nearby grandchildren is spiteful and childish. Maybe the nearby grandkids are better off.

Jenn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search