What is your relationship like with your MIL?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2011, 06:21 PM
mticknor's Avatar Veteran
Ugh don't even get me start LOL. My MIL is CRAZY! She is so immature, tacky, messy, and just plain weird. Who wears a hooker dress to your bridal shower?
April 16th, 2011, 04:31 PM
MammaHutch
My MIL is i-n-s-a-n-e! That does not even justify it really. My husband already told her she is not welcome to see the baby and she is not welcome to be in our lives anymore. It's that bad. I am a piece of crap to her, I can never do anything wrong, she canceled my flowers to the wedding then NEVER showed up then a week later called to make sure we didnt get married and when she found out that we still had the wedding she was FURIOUS! She used to come to my house and clean after what I already cleaned. She told me that I am nothing but a heart of hate and all I do is change her son. She has no idea. My husband and I have the MOST amazing relationship ever. She always wants to go on "dates" with Dave and i'm not alowed to be there (he never went) AND she texts him pictures of herself on the beach and calls him to express her "love" for him....I seriously think she has a crush on him. Seriously. HE hates her so much and no longer talks to her but we will see how long that lasts (cuz she will just show up un-announced) She called last week and told us that she would stop by (she lives many states away) and he told her she was never welcome in our home and she freaked! OH!! And check this out, when she did live near us she would invite us over for dinner (and we NEVER wanted to go but just did) and she would make a full course meal with nothing I eat but made me sit there and watch the family eat.....

If anyone else thinks there MIL is INSANE talk to me. I have stories that would last for HOURS and HOURS and HOURS!
April 19th, 2011, 12:03 PM
thewilsons03's Avatar Veteran
Hello!! I am lurking from the August 2011 DDC...

Cringe. But I don't hate her or despise her. She just gets on my last nerve. She is very needy. She and DH's dad divorced back when he was 13 and she has hardly any friends and no man in her life. She complains and *****es about how lonely she is...it's always a pity party with her. She is helpless, she calls DH for literally everything. She is horrible with money and always needs to borrow some or just expects people to buy things for her. She is up DH's butt and often comes over and stays the night. Unfortunately, DH and I get into fights about her all the time. He swears up and down that I just hate her but I am just sick of her depending on us for everything. I am sorry but it's not my responsibility to take care of her. She is grown and needs to figure things out for herself!! When she had to move, I had to find the place for her. She can't make phone calls herself. I am just sick of her being at my house.

Now if all of our interactions with her were limited to going and doing something fun, and not having her be at my house spending the night, I would probably have a lot less to complain about. It's just something about her being at my house that I can't stand....
#1...is here!!...It's a boy!! Ridge Garrett 07/27/2011

My Big 2 year old...
April 20th, 2011, 07:05 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
It honestly depends on the day. My MIL and I are so much alike that it is scary. If both of us are having one of our days, then that is not a day to communicate with her. There are things that I don't like about her by all means, but it's not like I can't stand her.

She is very possessive of DH, and at times that annoys me cause she doesn't realize that he needs to worry about his family instead of one of her whims at times. Overall though, she's not that bad.

April 20th, 2011, 09:56 PM
MammaHutch
Possessive is a VERY GOOD word for my MIL...and creepy.
April 23rd, 2011, 04:56 AM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
I love her. She's a wonderful grandmother and mother. She raised four children as a single mother. Anytime we needed her to watch the kids, she was/is there. She buys them tons of stuff every week and also buys her kids (and me!) stuff too. She's kind and caring and just alot of fun to be around. She's awesome. Best MIL in the world.

And for the person who said she has the best relationship with her MIL because she's dead...that is by far the most disgusting thing I have ever on these boards. Imagine if your DH saw that.
May 18th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Karen P.'s Avatar Veteran
I am on the "cringe at the very thought of her" train.

http://www.Facebook.com/KarenPickardFitness
May 18th, 2011, 07:55 AM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
I try to have a relationship with my MIL, but some of the things that she has said to DH about me in the past has turned me away from her. I really don't care to have any type of relationship with her, but I do just because DH asks me too. She pries, is clingy, won't let her son live his life without her input. My family has never been like that to me or my brother. We're not a close-knit family, but we're close enough. My fam has always stepped back and let me be. If I need them, then they're always there.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
May 18th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I do not care for my mil one bit....
She is crazy,ocd and a hypochondriac.She acts like she's old and feeble and she is only 60 years old.My mom is 71 and gets around alot better than mil!!!!!

My MIL is a b*tch.....

May 18th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
SO's mother passed away a year before we met. By all accounts from everyone (even SO's ex) I would have loved the woman and we would have gotten along great.

FFIL has a live in GF. So she pretty much is my FMIL in a way. Anyway, she is really nice. I like her a lot. The minions love her. She is a clean freak and I am not. So that sucks, but either way, she is really nice and I enjoy talking to her and I enjoy her company.

I got very lucky and all of the future in laws are GREAT! They have accepted the 3 minions and I like we were one of the family instantly. I am VERY lucky.

Now my EX in laws... That was another story.... Let's just say non of them came to my wedding by their choice. lol She thought my first son (who was in NICU) came home, so she called CPS saying these bad things... So CPS came over, and surprise, the baby was still in NICU! It was a game with her. At the time stressing each time she did it, But on the other hand, it has come in very handy with the divorce from my ex. By them coming out, I have proof of what a good mother I am. lol Although she doesn't dare now. They are the type of people who will do anything to you to embarrass and humiliate you and keep you under their thumb... Until you either "win" against them or they fear retaliation... And SO makes decent money. So they fear him and have left me alone since we have been dating.

And before you think SO is a mean threatening person, he is very mild mannered, Well spoken and has a double BA (which they know), and physically he is far from being intimidating. He has CP. At the same time, if you push, he will push right back... that and they know where he works. And that right there was what made them back off.

*edited in*
The reason she was mad in NICU was because she did not like his name. We did not name him after their family and he had a hyphenated last name... Just like BOTH his father and I had. Also she made a HUGE stink several times because we could not see my son due to light, sound, and touch sensitivity. Yes, the nurses actually asked me to not even see him. She was convinced (even after the nurses talked to her) that I was keeping the baby from her. It just went down hill from there.
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11

Last edited by Mom to minions; May 18th, 2011 at 07:29 PM.
May 19th, 2011, 11:36 PM
MammaHutch
I just wanted to come on here and state again that I hate my MIL so much. Always makes me feel better. Its even more awesome since DH hates her too so we can both make jokes about her!
May 24th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Super Mommy
I had a good relationship with my MIL, when DH and I first got together (back in 2003) and up until about a year ago when she decided she wanted to divorce my FIL (who is a total *********, even my DH will attest to that). Once she started with the divorce proceedings, she started to drink, and then we had to continuously "save" her.....she would come to our apartment, drunk and stupid.....so we ended up having to take her "grandparenting" rights away (basically just told her she was no longer allowed to watch DS, or be anywhere near him, because we couldn't trust her)......
Fast forward to Dec 2010, I found out I was preggo, and her and FIL decided to "get back together" so that we could be a family again and celebrate the new baby......yeah right....
Luckily, even though its his mom, DH feels the same way I do.

June 26th, 2011, 04:49 PM
somo_chickenlady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my mother in law more than words can say. She has her moments, as does anyone (no one is perfect...I certainly am not, that's for sure) but she is WAY more of a mother to me than my own mother is. She has claimed me as her own in a time when my own mother pushed me away. She is the mother I always wanted, one to talk to and is a shoulder to cry on when I need it. I can tell her anything. I call her mom. She may not have given birth to me, but she didn't give birth to my husband either. My husband and his sister came from a VERY bad background and were abandoned as abused and neglected teenagers, and she and my father in law (who is their biological uncle that hadn't seen them since they were very young) took them in and were the best parents they could have ever asked for. I respect and look up to both of them very much. They turned my husband into the wonderful man that he is today. If not for them, he would most likely be in prison. I love them.

Click on my blinkies!!

**thank you SO much to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy
and to CupcakeJamie and Niamh ૐ for my blinkies!!**

Last edited by somo_chickenlady; June 26th, 2011 at 04:52 PM.
June 27th, 2011, 10:17 PM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalia20 View Post
Cringe. Its OUR fault she smokes like a chimney and literally won't open a window even a crack. It MY BABY's fault her POS cat attacks her when she doesn't even know the cat is there. It's OUR fault she doesn't have a car and doesn't know how the bus system works. So no, we don't see her often. She's also extremely two faced. She talks about SIL like she's the biggest piece of crap she's ever met, but acts like her best friend. Note to self. I figured that out very fast about her.
Omg, I totally have the same MIL re: smoking, dogs instead of cat, and sil.
July 5th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessemarie View Post
I just wanted to come on here and state again that I hate my MIL so much. Always makes me feel better. Its even more awesome since DH hates her too so we can both make jokes about her!
I love that you came in here and posted a couple times. Haha. I feel the same about my MIL. Actually my inlaws in general. My DH, however, adores his family, so it has been a bone of contention. He is gradually starting to see their ways. I don't know how anyone could miss them! Anyway, if you ever need someone to talk to about inlaw issues, PM me. I have crazy stories as well!
August 17th, 2011, 04:24 AM
my MIL is so good but i dont know why she feels so jealous from me?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search