What is your relationship like with your MIL?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Is she like a 2nd mom or do you cringe at the thought of having to go for a visit?

March 16th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cringe? Try a total mental breakdown.

Anyway we don't go visit her anymore. Not worth it. If she wants to see us she can get on a plane and come here. We aren't masochists, we aren't going to fly to CA to be tortured and humiliated. She can come here at her own expense.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

March 16th, 2010, 12:28 PM
LM1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's my husbands mother, nothing more. And will be my child's grandmother too, I guess...sigh. lol

I'd rather not visit. All she does is complain.

March 17th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cringe. Its OUR fault she smokes like a chimney and literally won't open a window even a crack. It MY BABY's fault her POS cat attacks her when she doesn't even know the cat is there. It's OUR fault she doesn't have a car and doesn't know how the bus system works. So no, we don't see her often. She's also extremely two faced. She talks about SIL like she's the biggest piece of crap she's ever met, but acts like her best friend. Note to self. I figured that out very fast about her.

March 18th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How about cringe at the thought of her?

Jenn
March 19th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetybabies View Post
How about cringe at the thought of her?
I couldn't have said it better!

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
March 27th, 2010, 12:43 AM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
We aren't close, and don't see or talk to each other very often since we live across the country from her. I don't hate her, but I don't like her a ton either. It's kind of a little of both.
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.
July 29th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I cringe at the thought of her coming over or us having to go over there.....
She is nothing like my mom and I will never call her "mom".

August 2nd, 2010, 12:37 PM
I can't stand the lady. She lives right next door and hasnt seen our kids in over 4 months.
August 2nd, 2010, 11:40 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
I love my MiL. I think I'm one of the few LOL that love their MiL. She is so kind and really loves my son. Even though my son isnt her son's son, if that makes sense. He is just technically stepdaddy but that doesnt mean anything to us. he is DADDY.

August 3rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
gctattoo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the best relationship in the world with my MIL. She's dead. And has been since before I met DH.
November 16th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
Quote:
Originally Posted by gctattoo View Post
I have the best relationship in the world with my MIL. She's dead. And has been since before I met DH.
OKAY! I have to say...That's the rudest thing I have EVER read!!!!!!!!! How dare you say something like that! I know I don't know your MIL. But she's still your DH's mother! She raised your DH. Obviously she did something right...You married the man!

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks
November 16th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gctattoo View Post
Ok. . How the crap can a person that you obviously have never met, cause you to say something so despicable! Let's just hope and pray that you never get to be a MIL... EVER because I don't know you, but you obviously are not a nice person so we know you would for sure end up being slammed on a board just like this one!
November 17th, 2010, 11:48 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Umm wow that was rude and wrong. WOW.

I cringe at the thought of her even coming over. DH will tell me she's stopping by just to see me react sometimes. lol

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

November 21st, 2010, 08:40 PM
Veteran
my MIL and SIL's dont know boundaries. i can't stand the thought of having MIL around my children and i'm not all that happy when i have to go over there. They come to my house and tell me how to parent my children. they show up and assume they can just stay and CLEAN my house. And MIL missed her precious 1st granddaughters *the first one she has been allowed to see in 13 years* FIRST BIRTHDAY cause her sister "needed help coping with BECOMING a grandmother" so they aren't very nice people. smokers, drinkers, and conspiracy theorists and i dont trust her with my kids. BUT and that is a big BUT.... she is and always will be my husbands mother. I love my husband with all my heart. so within reason i let it all go.
January 11th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I am probably one of the few..But I do love my MIL..She does drive me crazy at times..but overall we chat on the phone and she loves me and DS, she is always thinking about me and she is a really sweet person. She does overstep her boundries sometimes..but we are talking within mins again
January 14th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Lizas_mommy's Avatar mommy of two
This is my first visit to this board. Im usually on July '10 PR. But I really hate my MIL. She has a filthy mouth and with curse you out with no holding back if you do anything to set her off. She will throw nasty insults at you and also never apologize. I never show any disrespect even when she is attacking me. I dont want to lower myself. Im feeling at the end of my limit lately and dont want her in our lives anymore. I dont know how I have put up with her for the last 6+ years.

Just adding that I was really shocked by that one person's "dead" comment too! She never even met her, how can she say that??! What would her DH think if he saw that???

Mom to Eliza (4 years old) and Colin (born July 15, 2010).

Last edited by Lizas_mommy; January 14th, 2011 at 09:21 AM.
February 25th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Definitely glad we don't live even in the same state as MIL anymore. The last time Katie was around her, I ended up walking the floor with my DD all night because the nut job traumatized her.

March 12th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Ashley11
I cringe sadly

She has to be one of the most controlling people I have ever met. She is lazy, and insists that everybody cater to her every need. She is highly religious and insists that our son is Mormon and home schooled. My boyfriend and I aren't even Mormon!

Last edited by Ashley11; March 12th, 2011 at 11:22 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search