Stressing out already!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH's sister is graduating from high school the first week in June. Our initial plan was to travel down there just for the day, even though it's a 5 hr drive each way. Then the plan changed to driving down the night before and staying in a Hotel. NOW, DH has decided that he wants to spend 4 days and 3 nights there so that he can have time to visit with his sisters!! I want him to see his sisters, because I know how much he loves them and his mom took so many years away from them being together, but I don't wanna go! Finances are tight because of cut backs at work, so we cannot afford a hotel, and DH is thinking we should just stay at his mothers house for 3 nights. I have to go, it's important to DH and I'm trying to be a good sport for him. But the thought of not only seeing the MIL but staying in HER house is really stressing me out already, not to mention her BF lives there and the grandparents and all the sisters BF's and who knows who else will be staying there.....ggrrrr!! I'm trying to stay positive, and I want to be nice to MIL, but I don't know how.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
March 22nd, 2010, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would be stressed, too! But there seems to be a lot of people in your MIL's house - MIL, the BF, the grandparents, the sisters and the sisters' BFs. Will there even be room for you? Would the option of staying at MIL's house even be a moot point?

Is this DH's hometown? Are there friends' houses you could crash at?

Jenn
March 22nd, 2010, 10:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The house is very full, but MIL is insisting that we stay at her house anyway, and I haven't quite figured out why just yet. I would imagine that she would put us on the floor in the youngest sisters room. This is not DH's hometown, MIL moved from our town about 7 yrs ago to be with a new BF, so we don't know anybody else there. DH just keeps going back and forth on his plans, now he is saying that we're just going to charge a hotel. I'll just be glad when this whole thing is over.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search