I let my guard down :(

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Yesterday, Sunday, was Easter and we were invited out to dinner with my fiancee's mother and family. I have not spent a holiday with them since the Easter of 2007- when the huge fight broke out and they called myself and my kids (who are also my fiancees) horrible, rude names. My fiancee begged me to put that behind me and just go with him and his family and enjoy the day.
WRONG MOVE! It was a diaster. Have you ever gone somewhere and knew that you weren't welcome? Well, that is how I felt. I was placed at the end of the table with my 2 kids (who are also this lady's grandchildren) while the rest of the family ate at the other end. There were empty chairs available for myself to sit in and when I was going to sit near the family I was told that my place had been set up there since my kids are young and still need me to help them. My fiancee's nephew is 3 months younger than my daughter, and his parents got to sit with the family. My fiancee even sat with the family. This was one of the worst Easter's that I have ever experience and I will not be visiting them or seeing them for a very long time. I just don't know why they treat me like this? When my family has things, they have never made my fiancee ever feel like he was unwelcomed or unwanted? I give up!
April 5th, 2010, 01:51 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
That's horrible! I'm so sorry they treated you like that! When did they start treating you bad? I wish your fiancee would have sit with you. Has he stood up to them for you? How does he feel about the situation?
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

April 6th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Veteran
Hmmm, well, I guess Easter just resurrected your suspicions that his family are outlaw in-laws. Be sick anytime there is another holiday. I was thinking about telling husband we should go visit his family for Christmas--I did not and I thank you for making me feel better about not saying anything.
April 8th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're a lot nicer than I am, I would have lost it on your fiancee. By him not saying anything, and not sitting with you and your kids, he was being very disrespectful. Family or not, you're the one he's chosen to have his own family with, he needs to realize that, and you and your kids come first. Next time something like comes up, I wouldnt' even fake sick. I'd flat out say no. If he wants to go, that's fine, but he's going alone. You don't need people like his family in your life. Just cause he's stuck with them doesn't mean you are

April 8th, 2010, 03:43 PM
LG1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That makes me mad at your fiance! He should have demanded respect for you, or sat with you, or just said, we're leaving!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search