Mother's Day

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How is that handled? Is it a touchy subject?

Jenn
April 29th, 2010, 01:16 PM
LG1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just a card, that's it. These things aren't a big thing in my family and DH is too lazy to do anything else for his mom

April 30th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Silvia's Avatar Veteran
Give my DH's mom a call, maybe send her something very Asian here.
April 30th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's just another day in our life. How sad.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
May 1st, 2010, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't do much.

My mom is dead. We don't get along with DHs crazy mom. I usually MAKE him callher depite our differences... whats REALLY sad is that she hates me so much she thinks the reason she doesn't get more for mothers days is because I "stop" DH from doing more, lol. Little does she realize that the only reason she even gets a little phone call is because I make DH do it.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

May 4th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We used to have to take MIL out on Mother's Day b/c she demanded it. I wouldn't have had the biggest problem with it except she wanted to exclude my mother. I put my foot down a few years ago and refused to do it anymore. Now we take her out the Saturday before or the weekend before. The first time we did that, MIL had the nerve to say make like it was her idea to celebrate early.

Jenn
May 4th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Last year, we had to be around her because we lived 12 minutes, not 12 hours away from her. She was in the 'honeymoon' phase of her relationship with her 70ish male friend so she wanted to play Mom who cooks this big dinner (ended up getting distracted by DTD and forgot to turn on the oven so when we got there for dinner with our part of the meal the prime rib was still ice cold and completely raw) so SIL and I ended up salvaging the meal and we all ate around 9 pm Mothers Day evening. This year MIL gets a card with a pic of Katie in it and since I picked out the card it is a "From all of us" like one you would get for an acquaintance whereas my mother is getting a "mom" card from DH and I and a "love you grandma" card from Katie.

Last edited by MomtoKatieB; May 4th, 2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Edited to not be quite so harsh

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search