She lives in her own little world where she is the center of the universe

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I log into FB last week and the first status I see is MIL's. It reads:

"I miss holding my granddaughter and I miss my son. Seems like I am totally out of the loop now. Very sad Mom here."

For any of you who recall anything I said regarding my MIL while we were living in IN, she saw my DD less than 10 times in the 3 months we lived within fifteen minutes of her. The week after my parents went back to NC (roughly 3 weeks after DD was born), DH asked her to stay with us for a couple of nights because I was still recovering from the c/s and everything and he was having to work. She spent maybe 3 nights with us. The whole time she was there, she controlled what was cooked and eaten and what was watched on tv and was insulting to DD while I was out of the room and she thought I was out of earshot. By insulting I mean she called her a little sh*t and a little b*tch, which is really, really harsh when referring to a three week old baby who has tummy issues. This was the first time she had seen DD because she had been too busy doing stuff with her man friend (traveling, etc) to even come to the hospital while we were there. Every time DD has been near her, DD and I walked the floors that night because DD was so nervous from being around the chain smoking, wine swilling, foul mouthed she devil that poor DD could not sleep until she was absolutely exhausted.

BILs sons have fared no better than DD (which is why their father rarely brings them to see her). The last time she saw the younger one, he was 18 months (around this time last year) and she thought he was supposed to sit with his little hands folded on the tray of his high chair while the adults ate and talked. It was 9 pm and he was on the floor playing when she screeched "Don't let him get the newspaper! Jer and I haven't read it yet!" The newspaper was on the floor, well within his reach and expecting a toddler not to explore, is really ridiculous. The older nephew saw her twice in 2009 (February and Christmas) and both times she swore a blue streak at him because he didn't just want to sit and watch crime tv with her and thank her a thousand times for buying him a shirt for Christmas. I mean he was 8/9 years old during these visits so expecting him to sit quietly and watch tv (something that isn't interesting to him) for hours and expecting buckets of gratitude from a kid for clothing. . . well, both are pretty far fetched notions. I mean kids want to watch things that they want to watch and clothes just aren't the Christmas presents they want.

I knew the whole FB thing was just a ploy on her part to get attention and sympathy. Of course, looking at her FB page, I see nothing regarding either of my nephews. She has one pic of the older one (which I took and sent to her) and one pic of her with DD which was taken in an effort to be nice. The younger nephew has no pics of him, although on her profile she mentions her 3 grandchildren and the two cats (which she considers to be her babies).

I suppose I should be grateful that she didn't injure DH or one of his sibs while they were growing up in an effort to get attention for herself (you know the whole Munchhausen's by proxy thing). Anyhow, I logged onto DH's facebook last Friday after we took DD for her six month check up and posted under her status the info regarding DD's appointment (length, weight, etc) just to see if she would make a comment acknowledging that DH had 'kept her in the loop'. Zero, zilch, nada. . . as if nothing had been posted, instead she posted things about her upcoming 65th birthday and how glad she is that it isn't snowing in IN and that she has air conditioning. Of course, she took the 1/2 birthday party pics album I posted of DD and put them on her page.

Oh well, I guess that she has to maintain this image of the poor long suffering, doting mother/grandmother who has been tore away from her beloved son and granddaughter and is grieving herself something fierce. I mean it wouldn't do for all the people who are her fb friends to know that she last saw my DD in early January, although we did not move until February, and that she has not seen one of her grandsons (BIL's children) since last May and the other one since Christmas. They live maybe an hour away from her.

Last edited by MomtoKatieB; May 26th, 2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Hit enter too soon.
May 26th, 2010, 09:24 AM
LM1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what a witch!!

May 28th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah yes the MIL pity party guilt trip.

Quite standard "I am the center of the universe EVERYONE LOOK AT ME WHY AREN'T YOU LOOKING AT ME?! oh dear lord I'm sooOoOo so so put upon..."

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

June 1st, 2010, 03:32 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She sounds so much like my IL's, it's scary. They are the exact same, expect a tiny baby to sit, be quiet, don't touch anything, don't make any noise and don't move so they can watch CSI and movies. Please. My MIL is also the same way as in putting on a show for the family, about how much she loves DD but when she thinks no ones around she is completely different towards her and gets annoyed immediately because shes not quiet, and doesn't sit like a statue. I feel your pain.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search