Im going to explode!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2010, 09:11 PM
RuPaul-O-Saurus's Avatar Super Mommy
Must...Vent!!!! Ok so short backstory, my wonderful BF and I decided when our lease was up in April that we would stay with his parents (who hate eachother, but that's a whole other story) for part of the summer so we could find a home that we really like without having to settle on something sub par since I don't want to have to move again for a long time!

I knew it would be a little trying at times since his mom is a crazy, attention seeking, control freak...but I never thought it would bother me this much! Our baby is only 5 days old and his mom has had the nerve to not only make all of MY announcements and post all MY new baby pics on her facebook before I get a chance to, but claims my DD as 'hers' and then tries to act like she knows sooooo much since she had 5 boys. Sorry but having multiple children doesn't make you a better parent IMO. She is also a total baby hog! She wants to be holding her 24/7 and then gets all huffy if someone else (especially grandpa-her husband) wants to hold her or if I need to feed or change her. She acts very judgmental regarding the things that we do and the clothing that we buy for our DD, yet goes and does the exact same things that we are doing...hypocrite? I think so!

She has even had the nerve to get mad at her own son for asking her to wash her hands before she holds the baby since she has 3 dogs who are outside the majority of the day that she is constantly holding/touching/petting etc. Her response was "Oh stop! I raised 5 boys to adulthood just fine and I didn't wash my hands every time I picked you guys up!" Lets keep in mind she raising kids 30 years ago, which is besides the point anyway since she is OUR child and they are OUR wishes. Ugh, there is soooo much more, but I'd need weeks to type it all out! I just needed to vent at least a little! Sorry it's so long, but thanks for bearing with me!

Kelly, you are amazing and I love you! Thank you for the awesomely cute siggy!
June 25th, 2010, 09:30 PM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
Oh god that would drive me INSANE!! My ex's mother was absolutely NUTS as well. What I suggest? I would turn to her and say, stop being a hypocrite and stop trying to control how we raise OUR daughter. She is your GRAND-daughter, not daughter. We love you we are all family, but you need to stop. This is beginning to get to be too much. Or better yet? start commenting right back at her the things she comments about to you guys. Act JUST like her and when she finally snaps and says something say, "OH, I'm sorry, were we being annoying? I just wanted to be just like you since you are such a great role model!"
THEN see what she says, or the look on her face! LOL

But I'm sorry she is being weird. Hopefully you wont be there too long and wont have to deal with it too much longer.

June 26th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Thank you!! Those are awesome suggestions! I'm usually the type of person who does NOT hold my tongue when it comes to saying what is on my mind, but I feel like I have to be polite to her and not say anything since we are in her home and she is my BF's mother. I usually just let it roll off my back, but not saying anything has been killing me inside! She does have her good moments, but her bad/annoying moments definitely outweigh the good. ::

Kelly, you are amazing and I love you! Thank you for the awesomely cute siggy!
June 26th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your BF needs to step up and tell her how it is and to back off. This is his daughter too after all. I can tell you stories of crap my WONDER MIL has done and said, and my SO was the first to put her in her place.

Good luck, if your MIL is anything like mine (and she sure sounds like it) I feel your pain. Especially with a new baby, you must be exhausted on top of it all

June 29th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Well today my BF finally said something to his mom, which made me so happy! She is constantly questioning everything we do and today she was making a huge fuss because we wanted to take the baby to the grocery store with us (just like every normal parent does) but she wanted us to leave the baby with her! He just looked at her and flat out told her that she is our child and that we will do what we want with her, when we want! What a moment of joy!!

Just on a little side note too, I think she realized that her BIG mouth is starting to irritate me! My poor baby has been constipated for a few days and when I said I was going to run to the store to get some glycerin suppositories, she made a comment about how the baby just has us 'wrapped around her little finger'... Uh what?! The poor thing hadn't pooped in 3 days and I was trying to make her feel better! If that means she's got us wrapped around her finger then I'm afraid to see what happens when she's older and we let her have something she wants! Anyway, I rolled my eyes at her and just snickered and shook my head...she shut right up and hasn't said anything like that since.
(edited to add: she is actually the one who ended up going and buying the suppositories!) haha now who's wrapped around her tiny little week old finger!!

Last edited by RuPaul-O-Saurus; June 29th, 2010 at 12:57 AM.
June 29th, 2010, 09:17 AM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
YAY! LOL!
MIL manipulation! You sure seem to have gotten her. Hopefully it stays this way.

July 3rd, 2010, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tell her to STFU and stop letting her hold the baby so much. They're only babies once and you will only have so many of them... my mil was the same and I DEEPLY regret not putting my foot down sooner. Honestly, she held dd1 more than I did and I really feel robbed of the whole experience. With dd2 we kept her away so that I could get the baby experience. Seriously though even though I have two kids, I feel like I only really had one baby

This is your time, not hers. Even though you are living with them you have to put your foot down and let her know her place. I would recommend moving out asap.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search