Whats the craziest thing your MIL has ever done or said?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2010, 08:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll get it started here... well it's so hard to pick just one thing... Ok here it is. The craziest thing shes done is threaten to sue us for visitation. We had to laugh because 1) she visits like once a month from CA, the reason she doesn't see the kids too often is, uh, because she lives in CA and 2) grandparents have zero rights as long as the parents are together and alive.

There is tons of other crazy crap shes done and said, but I think this was the thing that mad us the maddest.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

July 4th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So many crazy remarks to choose from. . . I suppose it was when she posted on facebook how she felt out of the loop and missed holding her granddaughter so much. Let's see, this is the same woman who called my daughter a little b(*^& and raised cain because DD had pooped in her diaper (cleaned it up with q tips and wet paper towels. . . guess a whole box of wet wipes wouldn't have worked so she just didn't even open the wipies.

July 9th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My MIL told me I should divorce DH because I was too good for him, she's told me that at least a dozen times or more and even had divorce papers drawn up. Runner up would be that she told me her happiness needs to come before her childrens (DH youngest sister was only 1 yr old when she told me this) because she was 17 when she had DH and gave up her party years to have babies, so she deserves it now and the children will understand one day.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013

Last edited by KAB; July 9th, 2010 at 10:02 PM.
July 20th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
"I know you're the parents but no one cares more for the children (my kids) than Grandma does."

Jenn
July 25th, 2010, 02:28 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
actually Grandparents can sue for visitation because mine have. We are happily married and both alive but it means nothing. Just helps in how they rule at the end of the trial.

They have also sued us for money and talked nasty about my deceased brother. Ugh my inlaws are crazy!!
July 26th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonovinsMommy View Post
actually Grandparents can sue for visitation because mine have. We are happily married and both alive but it means nothing. Just helps in how they rule at the end of the trial.

They have also sued us for money and talked nasty about my deceased brother. Ugh my inlaws are crazy!!
Omg, that's horrible! I think it depends on the state and it depends on how much of a relationship the grandparents have already. I hope your crazy ILs didn't win visitation rights!

Jenn
July 27th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonovinsMommy View Post

Depends on the state and whether or not the grandparents have ever had custody or something similar. We're safe. Also my MIL has documented psychiatric issues, abuses perscription drugs, and cant hold a job. So... we weren't too worried, lol. She sees the kids WAY more than most grandparents see their grandkids even though they live on the other side of the country. It was laughable. She also tells us, routinely, tha she loves our kids more than we do, lol.

July 29th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My mil has said alot of crazy things...too many to pick from

August 11th, 2010, 12:06 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no my inlaws didn't win visitation rights. But they also never had a relationship with him either. He was only 4 months old when we stopped allowing them around him. They also have never even been left alone with him either. Its a mess tho.. They can keep taking us to court as long as they want to. It is soo frustrating. All states have grandparents laws it just depends on how the state views them.
August 19th, 2010, 02:05 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
OH boy where do I even begin? I think the craziest thing that has stuck out in my head is how I got pregnant on purpose with my son just to piss off my dsd's mother. Like I would stick myself with having to support another human being for at least the next 18 years just to piss off some dumb ***** woman?!
August 22nd, 2010, 05:02 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
My favorite was when we told her about our m/c and a few days later she called us to tell us that she had taken it upon herself to ask dh's cousin if she would have a baby for us and his cousin had agreed. Um...no thanks.

August 23rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh she's pulling the "going to sue us for visitation" again, lol. Does she not understand that since she lives in CA and we live on the mid west she already sees the kids WAY more and for WAY longer than the court would award her? She seems to think that the court will make us send the kids to CA to visit unaccompianied or that she will get them for weeks. No with the distance between us and the current relationship they'll just give her a weekend once or twice a year and thats depending on which states law applies. One of the states basicaly give grandparents zero rights unless one of the parents are dead or the grandparents previously had actual legal custody. The other one has more to say in the case of divorce, but who knows how these things get interpretted.

Personally I think grandparents should have zero rights if the parents agree that they should have zero rights. I don't think it's up to a court to decide that.. chances are if both parents swear up and down that the kids should not see their grandparents, then there is probably a good reason.

August 24th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HAHA mines gonna be a small novel.
Craziest would be what we're going through right now. July 1st MIL and FIL move into our building. They put the lease under his name because he qualifies for the senior discount which means they didnt have to pay last months rent. He's the primary, she signed and their son (BIL #2) so MIL and BIL can apply for welfare with a legitimate address. FIL is very sick, and physically cannot work and is fighting to get disability, he has no income other than a very tiny pension. Anyways. MIL decides she has enough of FIL and throws him out because she wants her boyfriend to move in. (hasnt happened yet if at all). FIL has literally no where to go and no money, so he's stuck living with us because we won't see him living on the streets, or in the homeless shelter like shes telling him to do.

She refuses to let him back in the apt and has packed all his stuff up. We've told him the apt is in HIS name she has no right to tell him to leave, and she is going absolutely looney on him, treating him like crap, and is turning the 3 boys (BIL #1, #2 and my SO against each other). The kicker, WE are the ones that threw FIL on the streets, NOT her. I won't go into the drama and yelling and screaming this witch is causing, but she calls here and makes demands on FIL and he GIVES THEM TO HER!! W T F!!! UGH!! THAT has stopped, I think he's finally saw that shes treating him worse than garbage yet hes still kissing her feet. No more. I hope, we'll see when she makes more demands on him. She's not welcome under MY roof anymore.

BIL #1 refuses to let his dad stay there at all, even for a couple of days cause they "have no room". 5 level home, 4 bedrooms, two living rooms, him his wife and her two kids. They allowed MIL, FIL and BIL #2 to stay there two years ago for several months. They are willing to let MIL and FIL stay there, or just MIL, but they have "no room" for FIL. yeah, thats not personal. We have a 700 Sqft 2 bedrm apt. Yeah, we have TONS of room

BIL #2 lives on his buddies couch, has for years. Why would he move? He gets to smoke weed like cigarettes all day and doesnt have to worry about paying bills, so theres naturally no way FIL could stay there. We cannot afford to have him here, we make just enough on a tight budget to pay our bills and feed the three of us. (me, So and our baby).Both BIL's are complaining about how hard this is on THEM. Ok, they get phone calls and listen to their mom *****. Thats it. We havent seen a dime to help pay for food for their dad to eat, or to pay for his pack a day habit that he's constantly asking for money for. FIL is a great father to his boys, always gave them everything they ever asked for in their lives, helped them out tons over the years. BIL's won't give a penny at least to help us out.

We made plans to have my family come here, my mom booked off two weeks to come a long time ago, and now they cant come cause theres no room, and my mom lives 4hrs away. This is BS!!! UGH. Yes, SO's family knows about this and don't care. Thank you SO MUCH for f'ing up MY plans under MY roof with MY family that I rarely see. Appreciate it.

OH!! And MIL told him he's not allowed to apply for welfare because it will mess HER up. SO WHAT!!!! UGH!!! You have to get on welfare before you can get disability apparently. This just isnt right. Something has to change soon, living in a night mare right now. SO is really pressuring his dad to get something done, we can't live like this anymore.

Just needed to vent At least I get along with FIL.

Last edited by Kalia20; August 24th, 2010 at 10:52 PM.
September 10th, 2010, 09:35 AM
**Nicole**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ok where do i start there is so much well lets see can i go with what is the craziest thing mil has done and then one for fil or does it have to be both?

ok so my mil is a 2 year old in a 63 year old body. You have to walk on egg shells around her (we live below them in an apartment) i have stopped walking on egg shells and there have been many fights. the biggest thing that make me hate her and not want to be around her is that she has this dog (dont forget we are in different apartments this dog cant get into our place) and one day i trusted her to watch emily when she was 9 months old (the dog was always locked up when emily was up in their apartment or i thought he was) well i was walking out of their door to get to my car and i hear her yelling and i run back in and there is blood everywhere, the dog bite emily in the face and it was bad i mean really bad. i went to go kick the dog hoping i would really hurt it or kill it that was what was in my head at the time. mil saw that and put emily on the ground where the dog could get at her agian and run into the back room with the dog. so i pick emily up and told mil the dog better be dead before i come back or i will do it. she told me that oh you dont need to take her t the hospital she is fine if you take her they will come kill my baby.. well she got to keep the dog and she babies the thing but so long as she has the dog she will never be alone with my babies and the door must stay in there apartment at all times when the kids are in the back....then she blamed me said it was because of me that the dog bite emily . but even if the dog dies she will never be alone with my kids i cant stand her.....but i would not have stayed in this apartment if there was anyway of the dog getting near emily..so that was mil

fil well lets see he is working on my car right now a car both geoff and i have said we want to trash as it is not worth putting money into we want a new car...so his dad was calling around and found a part for the car and what it would be to fix it and its going to be like $217 i said to him even if we wanted to fix the car we dont have 217 at this time. he says " if you dont have 217 right now how are you going to buy a new car . i never knew you guys were that broke maybe you should go find a job and get off your butt" hello we dont have that kinda of my to spare right now as my money for josh has not started coming in so all are money has to be saved plus we dont make as much as them they make 4X more money a month then we do. plus they have no kids to care for and they both are working...and i am not ready to go back to work i just had a baby thats not even 3 months old yet. i wish you could have a man and never have to deal with inlaws they should make somewhere for the crazy dumb inlaws
June 28th, 2011, 12:13 AM
BrittanyLBH's Avatar (Formerly DueFeb2012)
Hmn... I'm sure there are a million crazy things she's done. The first one that comes to mind is having dh's cell phone shut off because I answered it once & she assumed that I was forbidding him to use it. But that's nothing compared to the worse **** I can't think of at the moment.
September 23rd, 2011, 02:03 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueFeb2012 View Post
Hmn... I'm sure there are a million crazy things she's done. The first one that comes to mind is having dh's cell phone shut off because I answered it once & she assumed that I was forbidding him to use it. But that's nothing compared to the worse **** I can't think of at the moment.
whoahh, that's horrible..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search