MIL completely out of line?!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2010, 09:23 PM
RuPaul-O-Saurus's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be the first one to admit that I can have a sick sense of humor sometimes and also may think things are funny that others would never even think to laugh at...but to me, the following comments from my MIL are in no way a laughing matter and are starting to not only make me really mad, but also truly question her sanity. (I highly believe that she is bipolar and possibly even schizophrenic). The following comments were also NOT said in a joking matter

The first comment was made a few weeks ago by my MIL referring to her husband (whom she hates) they are basically divorced, minus the papers, but they live like roommates in the same household. We also live in the home. Anyway, she had walked into the kitchen and went to throw something away and flew off the handle and just started yelling about how her husband 'should be killed', 'deserves to be shot', and how he is just a terrible person in general....now here is where you ask why she would make comments like this. The reason? Because he didn't rinse out an EMPTY can that he thew IN THE TRASH!!! Ummmm really?! She is always making comments about how if Daphne is crying it's "because mean grandpa was pinching her" (which is NEVER true!) He is better with Daphne than she is. What kind of person says things like this?!?!? She had 5 boys with this man and now she says things like 'he should be shot'?! Makes me very uncomfortable.

Next was made when my SO and I were watching a movie, there was a rebellious teenager in the movie who threw a baseball through an apartment window across from where he was playing baseball. She proceeded to say "see, that is when a kid deserves to be shot. when they are little trouble making a-holes" OMG! This is someone who is around my child on a daily basis! I hope for the life of me that Daphne never does anything to cause trouble or she may get ripped a new one by granny...or possibly shot!

Lastly, tonight my SO and I were watching Kate plus 8 and she absolutely DESPISES Kate Gosselin. She repeatedly made comments about how she would love to 'kill that woman' about what a horrid 'witch' she is, how she hates her sooo much etc etc. Now being a 58 year old woman, I don't think it is appropriate or even remotely funny to make comments like that. Whether she is referring to a fictional character, a reality tv personality, her own husband etc. I think it is absolutely inappropriate. I also feel extremely uncomfortable that she says things like this around Daphne. I do understand that she is only 6 1/2 weeks old, but still, I don't want my child thinking it is ok to speak to or about other people like that. It is so disrespectful and rude, I can't stand it! She makes snide, rude, inappropriate comments to and about people and even her own dogs. She is insanely self centered and worships her dogs. What do you say to someone who is like this? I have made little comments here and there about the things she says about others, but it doesn't seem to phase her in the least.

Am I crazy or is this woman truly crazy and totally out of line!?

Kelly, you are amazing and I love you! Thank you for the awesomely cute siggy!
August 5th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG
She was totally out of line.
You don't just go around saying he or she should be shot or killed!

August 5th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Shes nutso. Welcome to the psycho MIL club.

Apparently it's not unusual for women to go insane once their sons get married and/or they have children.

Thanks Ryan and Alex's mommy for the siggy!

August 5th, 2010, 09:43 PM
RuPaul-O-Saurus's Avatar Super Mommy
Sweet, I'm in a new club now! haha Not my first choice in clubs to belong to, but hey it works.

I'm also glad to know that I'm not alone in my thoughts on this and that I don't have the only MIL who's gone absolutely insane since we've had a baby!

Kelly, you are amazing and I love you! Thank you for the awesomely cute siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search