Top things you want to say to your ILs

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
On the flip side of my other post, what would you love to be able to say to your ILs?

Jenn
November 24th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Stop Whining
Stop Bi$$$ing
You are not sick.You are a hypochondriac.
You are terrible parents
You are terrible grandparents
You don't work,yet you never seem to want to have anything to do with your grandson.

You are both selfish
You are stupid
You are inconsiderate

I am hurt that you did not help me with my son (your grandson) while your son(my husband) was gone to Iraq for 12 months.

You suck.

November 26th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Lonomia's Avatar Super Hot Mommy
Ugh...

Stop living like a slob.
Stop manipulating your son into paying for your necessities.
Stop feeding my son candy.
Get off your ***** and do something productive.

See ya! (Once we move)

November 27th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh goodness. . . I don't even know where to begin.

~If you are flat broke, why do you have a house in IN and an apt in FL?
~Don't share your sex life with us, you are over 65 so we don't need to know.
~If you miss your granddaughter so much, why did you not remember to send out a birthday card until your son mentioned she had just turned one?
~If neither of your grandsons have good memories of you, it is due to your being a witch so don't blame BIL for not inflicting you on them.
~Ruining last Christmas by being a liquored up witch was bad enough for me, but I think you may have traumatized my daughter. She trembles every time she hears raised voices.
~Trying to guilt trip my DH into apologizing for moving to NC (where we have family who isn't self centered and insane) is just another example of your being a whining witch that none of your family wants to be around during the holidays.

December 12th, 2010, 08:56 PM
mrsfitz31b's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I want your advice, I'll ask for it.
And I won't be asking any time soon since you're a raging alcoholic.

Please butt the h*ll out of things you will never have any control over.
I am not your husband, you can not control me like you control him.

It is rude to invite yourself to things I don't even want you a part of.
So quit pretending you're Ms. Manners and Etiquette when you don't even notice awkward social cues that clearly say.... uhm yeah NO.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my awesome siggy!

December 13th, 2010, 02:07 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Ohhh I can go on and on with this one, but I'll keep it to my top few.

Leave us alone, if we needed or wanted your advice we would seek it out from you.
There is no need to call us a thousand times back to back if we don't pick up the phone the first time, leave a darn message that's what voice mail is for.
Stop interjecting yourself into our lives. We are doing just fine with raising our kids and handling our money. Hence when times are rough for you you guys come this way. We are not like your daughter who does not know how to parent her own children.
Stop freaking rough housing with the kids. You are the adult they are not. So when my son gets a bit rough do not bite the boy!
Learn how to handle your money. You're on a fixed income yet you spend money like it's water. If you handled it correctly you would not be facing eviction multiple times.
Ohh one that I forgot. Call before you just show up. Don't you learn your lesson? How many times have you just stopped by and we weren't home?! Geesh common sense woman, use it!!!!!

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

January 7th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Go away
March 12th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Ashley11
To my in laws huh? Well. . .

I wish you two would learn that you are both almost 50 years old, have been married for 27 years and it's about time to learn that posting arguments over FACEBOOK is something 15 year old girls do.

(mil) I wish you would let your poor husbands go nads go and let him go do things he enjoys.

(sil) THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOU! Nobody cares that you are sick.

(mil) our son will not be home school he will go to public school and take after your successful screw up of a son that I am in love with.

I have a lot more but I think we get the just. . .lol
April 16th, 2011, 08:47 PM
MammaHutch
This thread makes me mad. lol I'm sad to say I have the worst inlaws knows to man.
First thing I would say is:

BACK OFF!! Your son is 30, he is not 5, stop treating him like he is a child! Stop telling him what he should do. Don't you realize that no matter what you say we won't listen?! We hate it when you come over, so don't come over again. Your cooking is awful. I hate that you give me your hand me downs thinking I will actually wear it. Stop calling everyday to tell your son MY HUSBAND you miss him, it's a little creepy. Don't tell me I "changed" your son when in reality he is just who he is and he is not your little baby anymore. Stop letting yourself into my home. Stop sending your son text messages of you on the beach, he thinks it's nasty. And I want to call the cops because I feel like you are a stalker. Stop asking your son to move back home...really?!?!?! He is 30, married with a baby on the way...CREEP! OHH!!! And stop sending him "I miss you cards" everyweek!

Omg I feel better. I can go on and on though. I officially have the WORST most WEIRD MIL in the world!

Oh! And PS: YOUR SON DOES NOT EVEN LIKE YOU HE JUST PUTS UP WITH YOU SO LEAVE HIM ALONE!!! *deep breath* ahhh..I need some icecream!

Thank you ladies! lol
April 23rd, 2011, 05:58 AM
*Dayna*'s Avatar Aussie Mama
FIL - WHERE are you? Your son hasn't heard from you in over 15 years and he's worried that you died. You have two grandchildren now as well.

MIL - You are by far the best MIL anyone could ever hope for.
April 23rd, 2011, 03:16 PM
hopingforbabymc's Avatar Finally Pregnant!
To MIL : Please stop treating me like I'm the worst person in the world. All I have ever wanted was for you to accept me.

Stop texting your son when you know he's away from me and asking him if he's ok.

Stop probing and trying to find out our business. If we wanted you to know it, we'd tell you.

Stop sending him text messages saying "I love you, watch your back and be safe." I know you are implying that about ME and it really pisses me off.

Just love and accept that he's happy. Stop judging me and we'll be fine.

Team BLUE!! Two precious boys born on October 28th, 2013.
Liam - 6lbs 7oz
Micah - 6lbs 10oz
April 23rd, 2011, 05:50 PM
Mom to minions's Avatar Super Mommy
Ex MIL: If I am keeping them from you, why do I let you know EVERY time I am in town? And why do I keep you updated on them? Oh, and thanks for calling CPS so much. Not only have you built up a paper trail (I have it on tape SEVERAL workers stating I am a great mother and "sometimes grandparents do things if they think it will help their case"), but you have PROVEN many times now that I am a great mother and can hold my own without your dead beat son paying a cent of child support. And yes, I am still a certified Care Aid. Nice try though. I guess this is why all 4 of your sons live at home with mama and none of them drive. Hmm....

Ex FIL: At least I have money in the bank.

Future FIL: Thank you so much for adopting my minions as your own. You really have no clue how much that means to me. The minions love you.

Future SIL: Seriously? You make how much? You go out and get a brand new car, and then have your dad pay your rent because you can't.... You know, one day you will learn responsibly. Sadly, that will be when your dear father passes. Other than that, you are very nice. Thanks for accepting me and the minions at first sight. We love you too.
Pork (Laurence) 9/09 ~ 8lbs 3oz @ 36 1/2 weeks
2 angels in heaven 10/06 and 01/11
April 24th, 2011, 11:14 PM
MammaHutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlena79 View Post
To MIL : Please stop treating me like I'm the worst person in the world. All I have ever wanted was for you to accept me.

Stop texting your son when you know he's away from me and asking him if he's ok.

Stop probing and trying to find out our business. If we wanted you to know it, we'd tell you.

Stop sending him text messages saying "I love you, watch your back and be safe." I know you are implying that about ME and it really pisses me off.

Just love and accept that he's happy. Stop judging me and we'll be fine.
Do we have the same MIL? LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search