my MIL is awesome, its my mother

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Super Mommy
that drives me batty!!
my sister just had her first kid, she is 6months old, my sister isnt the greatest mom on the planet, but we wont go there right now.
my mom has spoiled the baby since the day she was born, now there isnt wrong with that but she has 3other grandkids, my kids. Last year when we were having a hard time i had to ask my mom to borrow money, she owed us $1000 anyways...well she wouldnt because her excuse was i shoulldnt be raising kids that arent my own( my youngest two arent born to me) if im going to need to borrow money from her...i told her it wasnt really borrowing, and that would just start world war 3. This year, my sister doesnt work, either does her bf, but my mom has had no problems putting out damage deposit and rent for all 3 places they have moved and been evicted from. No problems buying her baby a crib, that my sister left behind, no problems giving them a bed, taking back the kitchen table they gave us and giving it to her...and my sister left it all behind the last place they were. And no problems buying them diapers and formula the past 6months.
When my daughter was born, they didnt buy her a thing...she says i should have kept my legs closed and then i wouldnt have to complain( i was married ) . Its been 7birthdays now, she hasnt been to one and Christmas is a joke. My daughter gets nothing. And its worse now i have two little boys who arent born to me...they arent allowed at her house, she doesnt acknowledge them. It drives me nuts.
I have no clue what i did so wrong to her that she treats my kids like crap, and my sister gets everything given to her on a silver platter.
Thank God for my MIL who loves all the grandkids the same, even tho only one is hers biologically.
sorry for it being so long.

December 24th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
UG!!! Me and my Mom have issues but nothing like that. I think I'd just have to cut her the hell out of my life to be perfectly honest. Let her play the victim to that little move.

My MIL is wonderful! I love her half to death. I've always had issues with my Mom. She's bipolar and was an alcoholic for much of my life. When my son was little and I had nobody else to watch him, she would drink while she had him. She still takes out her anger on other people and situations on me. I confronted her on it a few days ago. She lives 5 hrs from me now though. She's freaking that my brother may move outta state with his 3 kids and that my stepsister may be moving in with them. Sooooo she calls & texts me and gets pissy with me b/c I can't give her a deffinate answer on if my ex will let DS visit with her when he's down there visiting his Dad... My ex is an azz and is being a huge one right now. I can't make him let DS visit them and asking him or pestering him about it is a sure fire way to make sure he doesn't. She had gotten pissy with me a few times already about it and DS isn't even down there yet. It's legally his visitation time so I have NO SAY SO!

sorry, didn't mean to hijack.
January 1st, 2011, 03:10 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
I am so sorry you find your mom being like this.
It sounds like you would be very much better off with that kind of person in your life.
If she cant accept your kids bio or not then she really is not the kinda person to have around in your life.
Have you tried talking to your mum? Telling her how you feel and I mean being brutally honest with her. It wont be easy but at least then you know she knows EXACTLY how its hurting you.

As for your sister, How she can sponge off your parents like that is beyond me. Espeically when there is a baby involved. Such a shame some people think its ok.

August 17th, 2011, 04:47 AM
i m really very sorry for you but its too hard to face partiality like this with our siblings. well be strong dear and enjoy whatever good things you have.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search