Need advice please!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
Hi everyone.
I really would like some advice.

First off i'll start with some back ground.
We are not married. Been together since 2009. But had a small break last year regarding level issues. Our time apart realized we are really meant together and been together ever since!. I met my BF when is was barely 21 (just turned 21 actually). I was 23 when i met him.

We have known each other for 2 years now. And been together most of that time as explained above.

Me and my BF know we want to get married. We are hoping in the summer of 2013!. So still awhile but i cant wait to marry my soulmate! We also want to wait till our careers are set . He is going to school to be a cop( almost done!) and possibly getting a job with a police department he has volunteered at since he was 14!. Im going to school t be a nurse!. We want to move in together this fall.

So he is kind of a mommys boy (even tho he hates when i say that!) but he still lives at home (which is fine) and his mom does some stuff for him... just little things but still!. Hes family is big time Catholics!. They have to go to church each sunday. He is pretty much forced.He went to a private school ect.

I really LOVE his family..they are great... but they worry to much about my BF! its really frustrating to me. We talked about buying a house in possibly 2012/2013. and moving in together this fall.
He hasnt told them about it yet. He worries they will disown him.Or judge him.. he is "perfect" in their eyes. Such as he does pretty much whatever they want. Like i said i LOVE them they are great. But they are worried to much about him and he is an adult. So one of his sisters thought we were going to get engaged. And his mom asked him.. we are like ***!. his mom is worried abut him "moving to fast" although i dont think we are moving to fast. His mom told him that she doesnt want him to live with me until 2 more years! Like ***!. Thats long away. I told him i wont get a house until we live together first. Im really upset by this. Because its not like we havent been datting long! And his mom gave him the talk about how they are catholics and this is how our family does stuff ect..

So now our plan of moving in together in the fall isnt even FORSURE now. I have a child from a prev relationship but thats a whole other story! BTW his parents like my DD. its more his extend family and "family Events" such as XMAS... like i said another story lol

But anyways if you read this far... any ideas or thoughts? Im just frustrated. i talked to my bf about it and he knows how i feel. I just feel his mom is trying to hold us back because of religion issues.

Any thoughts would be great!

Last edited by sweetiez; February 11th, 2011 at 04:46 PM.
February 19th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He just needs to make it clear that it's his life, he's an adult now, and it's his choice to live his life as he see's fit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search