New and aggravated

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Ashley11
Okay, so I love my boyfriend, and we are totally excited about having our first baby. I have done so darn good at not letting his family get under my skin. . .But now that it is nearing the end of my pregnancy. . .it's all changing. . .

His mom is a very close-minded Mormon and is very possessive and controlling, if somebody says something on Facebook that she thinks may be about her, she has to send out an e-mail antagonizing the person asking question after question wanting to know if it was about her. How do I know? Well. . .I made the mistake of posting a status about MY family, and she went off thinking it was ALL about her. Which it isn't. My boyfriend is about 5 years older than I am, is a full grown adult and can take care of himself, he is a guy and does enjoy from time to time having a couple beers after work, he is a business owner and gets stressed from work, as do a lot of guys. On Facebook he had said something along the lines of 'Stressful day at work, going to have a couple beers and relax with Ashley. . .' at this point I was newly pregnant and really excited, and his parents were struggling in their marriage. Now his mother being the queen of all queens with drama, e-mailed me explaining that I should really consider sending my boyfriend to AA classes, she is worried because his drinking is becoming more excessive (only two beers) and she is concerned he is becoming an alcoholic because of his parents relationship issues. She honestly took time out of her day to e-mail me to tell me that she is assuming her son is an alcoholic (remember. . .TWO beers. . .lol) because she is a control freak and is chasing her husband away. . .She is ridiculous! Did I mention that the first time I had met them, keep in mind I was brand new, and shy and timid, his mom came straight out (my boyfriend is the 2nd oldest of 5) and told me that she made the big mistake of sending her three oldest kids to public school. I asked why? She replied 'Well because all three of them are complete screw ups. . .' Oh. . .and she told me this on CHRISTMAS DAY. I couldn't believe it! I was so offended and sickened that she would tell me this. First of all, her oldest son is part business owner for a huge produce business up here in the Inland Northwest, is happily married with 2 beautiful kids, owning their own house and owning their own car. . .my boyfriend just bought a Domino's Pizza on WSU campus, we are living in one of the 4 nicest apartment complexes in Pullman, and we both own our own cars, and we have everything we need for this baby, along with paying our bills on time and making sure we have a $1000 emergency fund for when our baby is born. . .my boyfriends little sister (the oldest of the 3 girls) well. . .she is just crazy lol. But still they aren't screw ups in life. . .His mom just makes me so mad. . .

And my boyfriends sister drives me NUTS! Now this is the oldest of the 3 younger sisters. . . she is the first girl in the family, and she is just crazy. First of all. . .she is the drama princess of the family. . .if somebody says something she doesn't like on Facebook, she has to completely FLIP out and make a huge scene, of all places over the internet. How do I know? Well the other day, his sister had sent me some invite to a jewelry party up in the city she lives in for April 2nd. . .my due date is April 5th. It made me laugh! So I made a simple status on Facebook (How dare I!) I didn't say 'Oh you stupid brainless idiot! How dare you invite me to a party on April 2nd you moron!' Did I imply that at all? No, I didn't. What does his sister do? After about 6 comments from my friend, and my boyfriend and his crazy mother, all making jokes about me being pregnant. . .his sister says 'Well aren't you just rude for yelling at me over Facebook! I didn't say you HAD to go to it if you DIDN'T want to!!! Nobody said you had to be rude about it Ashley. . .' You're serious? She is the one calling ME rude, when she had just recently referred to ALL people who want to raise awareness to breast cancer as MORONS, publicly on Facebook for everybody to see! She has an illness called gastropareeses or however you spell it, all day everyday she goes into great extent to explain that the vomited and what she vomited. . .seriously? She even sat here saying breast cancer awareness isn't worth raising awareness for, why not raise awareness for HER illness?

His family just drives me crazy and we aren't even married. . .his family is coming to town for a pot luck next Sunday, and I am going to be almost 38 weeks pregnant, I am taking a lot of water and snacks into our bedroom and hiding out. . .I want nothing to do with his wacko family. . .lol

Thanks for letting me vent! Have a great day

Last edited by Ashley11; March 12th, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
March 13th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay for crazy families. I watch tv in the bedroom myself

Privacy settings in FB are awesome, that way you can say what you want without worrying about it becoming a drama fest

April 9th, 2011, 10:45 AM
laurabelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My FMIL also has no filter and says whatever is going through her brain at the time. Sometimes, it is outright lies. I am convinced she lives in her own world.

Deep breaths. Take control, especially before baby is born...

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

April 9th, 2011, 01:48 PM
*~Amanda~*'s Avatar Hostest with the mostest
Send a message via Skype™ to *~Amanda~*
In laws can be like that at times. I have learned to not say much on FB when it comes to my MIL. She blows tons of things out of proportion all the time. That's what the blessing of the phone is. Whenever I have a complaint about someone, I call my family. Too much drama gets started when talking about things on the internet.

I would just try and ignore them. If it gets too bad, just stick up for yourself and your BF and then leave it at that. Some personalities just don't get along no matter how hard you try.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search