New to this board but need some advice

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2011, 09:02 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Okay so I have not posted here since joining JM because until yesterday my contact with my in-laws has been basically nada for the last year. My FIL and BIL live hours away and although they call we rarely see them, my one SIL we havent spoken to since x-mas 09 because her and my husband were never close my other SIL is awesome so no complaints there. My MIL however is a nightmare!! Her and my husband havent spoken in a year. He did call her on Christmas but she told our oldest son that she hadnt called him because she was afraid she would get into trouble with my husband. She also told her son (BIL) that I was the reason that her an dmy hubby weren't talking although I had nothing to do with their fight. After Christmas she made no effort to call or see the kids until yesterday. She randomly called on our oldest son's birthday and then proceeded to complain to my husband about not being invited to our youngest son's 1st birthday which was last August (what it took you 8 months to realize it????)Then asks if we can come see her this weekend.

When I said to my husband that we were not going to see her because she had really hurt out children, not bothered to apologize and expects us to just go to her house and pretend nothing happened he was mad. HE told me that if I wanted to ruin our marriage over this than that is my problem. Seriously?? I have spent to many days telling the kids that it wasnt their fault she wouldnt call them or see them. I am angry and hurt by her behaviour and I am not ready to just act like nothing happened. She needs to earn our trust and she needs to put all the effort in. I straight up hate her and I really enjoyed a year of not dealing with her drama and bs.

Am I wrong for feeling this way? What would you ladies do?
April 28th, 2011, 02:56 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
No you're not wrong, however, don't deny the kids from seeing their grandmother either. If you don't want to be around her, then don't go but let hubby take the kids.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

May 21st, 2011, 08:12 PM
Super Mommy
You are right and he is wrong. The children should not be put in the middle of this. He is trying to use the children to win his mother's love. Tell him the grown ups have to work out their problems first, you won't allow the children to be used or caught in the middle.

I am so sorry you are going through this (((hugs))))
May 26th, 2011, 09:10 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer70 View Post
You are right and he is wrong. The children should not be put in the middle of this. He is trying to use the children to win his mother's love. Tell him the grown ups have to work out their problems first, you won't allow the children to be used or caught in the middle.

I am so sorry you are going through this (((hugs))))
Thank you that is exactly how I feel. I want to make sure him and his Mom sort things out before I let the kids be put in a situation that could get them hurt again. Since she called on his B-day she hasn't called again and although my husband called her and had the kids wish her a Happy Birthday and Mother's Day she is still not making an effort. I am so relieved that we didnt go see her because clearly she still isnt interested in a relationship with them beyond a phone call on their birthdays.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search