Jealousy

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2011, 09:14 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a jealous SIL/BIL? Tell us about it!

December 26th, 2011, 11:32 AM
MzzMommaD's Avatar Sleepy Rat Rattery
well, its not so much that shes jealous, more that she is very entitled. She is set in her ways about how a few certain things happened when she and DH were children that she has always and always will blame him for. I love her, but i dont like her.

February 17th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Veteran
Im praying for my sister in law. But she acts "nice/polite" but gives many backhanded compliments such as "oh your dd isn't walking yet, oh its ok she will soon im sure" but you know accentuate the Ohh shes not walking yet? Insert puzzled look on her face here? ;P lol... anyways ive basically given up on calling/inviting her. She seemed angry I waited till I am 10 weeks to tell her im pregnant... she kept texting me saying oh why did you wait so long like 3 times she asked me this! Like its my business !!
February 17th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That thing my BIL married is one of those "nice but vindictive" people too. Makes comments thinking she sounds nice with a mean undertone thinking shes so smart when shes actually dumb as a stump. Shes been jealous of me from day one. Well, try being a good person and the IL's just might actually LIKE you!! Funny how that works.......anyways last thing she did to prove her jealousy was to fake a pregnancy last summer when she found out I was pregnant.

February 17th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalia20 View Post
That thing my BIL married is one of those "nice but vindictive" people too. Makes comments thinking she sounds nice with a mean undertone thinking shes so smart when shes actually dumb as a stump. Shes been jealous of me from day one. Well, try being a good person and the IL's just might actually LIKE you!! Funny how that works.......anyways last thing she did to prove her jealousy was to fake a pregnancy last summer when she found out I was pregnant.
WOW FAKE A PREGNANCY?that is so low. Yes my sister in law basically only hung out with my husband and my daughter when all her siblings moved to different countries! Weve tried to be hospitable have them at our house for weekends so our kids could play, etc and than at Christmas time when my parents were renovating their house and we were coming down as a surprise and my parents weren't home yet she basically said they don't know your coming and didn't even invite us to her house for dinner even tho they live right next door to each other! I was so insulted and needless to say hurt! Shes jealous of us as well.
February 19th, 2014, 10:41 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 2 angel babies
SIL is oddly jealous of mine and DH's relationship.

we have an amazing one where we are best friends and always make eachother laugh or lightly tease each other. we have a lot of respect and there are certain things we don't do or say or joke about. (a few months back we were all taking about baby names and her hubby said if they ever had a boy that his middle name HAD to be Arthur after his middle name, and she said "i would divorce you before that ever happened". we never joke about divorce)

DH has a lot of friends but rarely goes out. in our 6 years together, i've told him maybe twice that he couldn't go out. once was the night before Keegan's baptism, and the other was when i was very pregnant with Kale and didn't feel well so i told him to stay home in case i went into labor. because most of his friends aren't married and don't have kids, they party all the time, and he says that just isn't him anymore. and he doesn't say that and sulk at home, he just seems to have more fun wrestling with the boys and making art projects.

there are times he gets restless so i send him out for a night with the guys to blow off steam. but thats only a few times a year, and he never gets falling-down drunk or anything. occasionally after work, him and some work friends may hit up applebees for late night apps and a drink. again don't really care too much about that either.

when he goes out, i only have three rules; don't drink and drive, if you're too hammered to get home, just crash wherever you are at until you sober up, and if you go out after work, just leave a message on my phone so i don't wake up in the middle of the night and worry why you aren't there.

SIL's husband goes out almost every night. and if DH goes out with him, it's automatically DH's fault that her hubby went out. or her husband always hangs out with one of their cousins (who is single and childless) and its his fault that her DH is out. i told her if her husband wants to go out that is his choice, not anybody elses. i would probably not be very happy if DH made it a nightly thing, but i would take that up with DH, not blame the people he's with.

she talks to her DH like he's a child. and i only have to do that if mine is too drunk LOL. or they fight in public or at family functions. with DH, no fight is that significant that we have to make it OTHER people's business, we can fight about it later if need be. she's oddly jealous that DH is always home, while her's is always out.

DH actually went out the other night with a bunch of friends and one of his guy friends asked him to be a groomsmen in his wedding next year. all the groomsmen decided that night that they HAD to have the bachelor party in Vegas. DH never asks me if he can do that stuff, he makes up his own mind so when i talked to him the next day he said "we're going to vegas for [friend]'s bachelor party" my first thought? omg i'm jealous! lol i wanna see strippers in vegas too! i told him that we would help plan the trip, and when he goes, he can take $1,000 in cash, but had to leave all his credit cards at home (don't need them getting lost in vegas) so now he's all excited and telling everybody about the trip. SIL's DH posted on facebook about how they should have gone to vegas for his bachelor party, and the next wedding he was in, they wanted to take the groom there. SIL commented saying that he wouldn't be allowed to go to vegas because of his responsibilities at home. as long as DH doesn't end up married or on a rooftop, i'd say his vegas trip was a success

Last edited by rachelc0; February 19th, 2014 at 10:43 AM.
February 22nd, 2014, 10:48 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jealous...one of my SIL's thought that I lived in a mansion (b/c everyone in CA owns a mansion?) was severely jealous that I had a brand new car when I first moved to town. Well its interesting how better off someone can be when they finish high school and have dreams for a better life.

the other SIL has a personality disorder so she is jealous 24/7.

makes for planning things easier when you don't care to include these people in your life.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search