She is actually trying to steal our house and everything we own basically

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Super Mommy
Yep. She is trying to steal our house, with the intent to lock us out and keep us from even having our own furniture or clothes or anything. And sad part is, this is not shocking. She has always pulled extreme and evil things. Fortunately, she won't get away with this. Here is what she has done...

We own our house. My husband and I both have our college degrees. We paid for all our own furniture. We have lived here for years. We have 6 children and have been married almost 19 years. There is nothing "off" or otherwise about us. If you met us, you would think we were just this suburban family (we actually do live in the suburbs) with a fair number of children. My husband is a software engineer. I am a stay-at-home mom. You could easily call me frumpy. You get the idea.

My MIL, on the other hand, is trashy. She is vile and revolting and evil. We spent the first several years of our marriage on the edge over her destructiveness. This includes making up crimes and calling the police and trying to have me arrested (did not work), claiming to have evidence that I was cheating on my husband (I was not), trying to kidnap our children (didn't work, even ran out of gas on one of her tries!), calling child abuse (they said it was an obvious lie), showing up at our son's funeral and tellins us that we deserved for our baby boy to die because I stole her son from her. This is just s starter list.

She was cut out of our lives for years. We let her back in a few years ago and thought all was fine. We have had serious boundaries up and rules we follow for ourselves to keep those boundaries. This has been working.

MIL came to town (she has a house here and another in another state that she stays at during the summers) last month. She does not stay with us, she stays at her own house. Ever since, she has been on a rampage. She will call me, my cell phone directly, to make demands about things, only, she is a bit incoherent and angry and it is hard to tell what she really wants.

Well, during this time, she has been telling dh that she needs to speak with him alone, without me present. She says it is a "family thing." On the "family" thing....she says I am not really a part of the family, so I am not welcome at "family only" events. However, dh and I have a policy against him attending any sort of family event, where he is told his own family is not a part of his family, as in, me or our children. When she started calling saying she needs to speak with him, alone, we knew something was up. DH did not go over. She mounted and mounted until finally, she fessed up to what it is about.

She wants dh to sign a promissary note to her, with our house being the collateral, for a sum total of the value of our house, to her. She just SWEARS this is for some tax reason and that she is trying to protect us from going to prison or having to pay some hefty fine or tax burden. Ummmm...fine for what? She insists she has spoken to someone and found out that the IRS is going to come after us from when we purchased our home. We purchased our home several years ago. Regardless, we did nothing wrong. We purchased through a realtor. A real title company did the title. There was nothing out of the ordinary with all this. Yet, she is insisting to DH that he MUST sign these papers and she has them all written up and if he does not do this immediately, the IRS will come after him.

Seriously...how dumb does she think we are?

Of course, dh starts to panic. He starts in with "what did we do wrong????" and "why is the IRS after us????" I told him that this was, yet again, just a stunt from his mother. And no way could there be any sort of paperwork error from the purchase of our house that she would be privy to and we would not. Nor would there be any sort of IRS audit against us that she would know about and we would not. AND, even if her stories about the IRS coming after us were true (again, nothing unusual about the purchase of our home, she is just lying to try to steal our home), signing our home over to her, all these years later, would not "fix" anything done on a tax year from all those years ago.

I called the IRS and put the phone on speaker and discussed the situation with them. Finally, dh realized his mother was up to something, yet again.

Seriously, there are no limits to her evil.

To what her plan was....she already did this to SIL. Years ago, she went to SIL and made a similar claim. She brought SIL over to her house and had the papers ready and somehow, scared SIL in to signing over her house, under the threat that something bad was going to happen to her and she would lose the house anyway. I never could figure out what MIL said to her to get her to sign. SIL just kept telling us she had no choice, if she did not sign, she would lose the house. We kept trying to get SIL to explain, but she did not. SIL was not allowed to return to her house. She lost everything, from her clothes, to her furniture, to even the food in the fridge. She and her husband moved in with his mother. MIL sold off the house and all the furniture and pocketed the money. All I can guess on SIL is that she was so wrapped up in the abuse with MIL that she gave in and could not think clearly. The whole abuse-cycle thing.

Can you just imagine that happening to us? We have 6 children and 19 years worth of belongings in our house.

I actually find it shocking that MIL is pulling this, but in reality, I shouldn't.

MIL is now cut out again. DH told her that he is concerned for her mental health and wants to take her to a doctor to get checked out. MIL is livid over that. I am laughing over it. It goes to show that all these years later, as bad as things were, we have come a long way. I am so proud of DH for standing up to her and not giving in. I know he was upset and having a hard time. But based on how he has handled this, he has clearly come a long way.

PS I needed to add, in case you were wondering, my MIL is an alcoholic, a gambler, and a substance abuser (as in, there has been drug use). So, her behavior can be very bizarre and erratic.

December 4th, 2012, 03:10 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm just glad to read someone has a MIL crazier than mine...
December 11th, 2013, 10:38 AM
rachelc0's Avatar 2 sons, 3 angel babies
its a good thing you were able to jump on that before she could get her claws into your place. i would assume that she probable doesn't work, therfore any scheme to get money fast is her montra. good for you for not falling for it. i would be super suspicious about that too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search