Did you?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Invite your IL's to your wedding? How about when you had your children? Why or why not?

July 24th, 2006, 07:12 PM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
We did not invite anyone so to say. We were going to the court house and had planned on a big wedding later on that neverhappened. Anyways some family just showed up which did nto bother either of us. But his mom caused some problems...
We had wanted family to come a couple weeks after the birth of Rebekah, but since she came late, he was getting deployed that did not work out. Though I think his side should have still waited. I knew that my MIL was NOT going to be near me when I had the baby. he knew I wanted sometime at home with "our" family to get used to and get to knwo the new addtion.

July 24th, 2006, 07:18 PM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Invite your IL's to your wedding? How about when you had your children? Why or why not?[/b]
When hubby and I got married (2000) my inlaws were pretty good. I didn't have much of a problem with them until about 3 years or so ago and then things started to bug me. They just turned "ignorent"
When I had Jaden, --well when we thought we were having her a week earlier than what we did (i had a scheduled c section but we were waiting on her lungs to mature) dh told his Mom "I'll just call you when it's time to come up." She got mad and said "I'll come up when I want to don't tell me what to do." Well it turned out we couldn't have Jaden the next day cuz' the amino came back no good. A week later (Dec. 29th) we went in to have Jaden. I told people in emails and my blog in a nice way (it was actually only intended for MIL to read cuz she was the only one acting up) that we didn't want anyone at the hospital until later because after I had Jaden I would be in recovery, when I--we wanted to spend time together with Jaden. We wanted that time ALONE!!!!! MIL just would not listen!!!! So as I said in another post I hurried and hurried myself in recovery trying to get back to my room before MIL came.
I did beat her though! LOL (no not literally!!! LOL LOL)

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
July 24th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Meegan
They were invited to the wedding, though I wish they wouldn't have been. My MIL took it upon herself to change my flowers, the food at the reception, and countless other details. And she wore a freakin tiara. They were NOT invited to be in the hospital room while I was in labor, or while I was delivering him. They could come later. I told DH that since I was having the baby, it was my decision. They would have driven me crazy.
July 24th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
We didn't invite them to our wedding but it was not because of me. We were planning on getting married in a church with a big reception. But then my MIL started putting her $.02 in and it snowballed from there. Then for some reason we all had a falling out and we decided we were going to get married in a very small ceremony. My dad was invited, only because we were all sharing a house but when my dad & I tried to get him to invite his parents, he refused. It is something I really regret now.

July 24th, 2006, 07:52 PM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't want to invite them to our wedding, we went to reno and I wanted it to be a magical run away type thing...

With my first my mil was in there she was a leg holder, but I dont think this time I want her in there, she just seemed like cause she was there for the birth it gave her rights to do what she wanted with my child, she basically to this day is trying to raise him...

so for the second I dont think she will be allowed in there....
July 24th, 2006, 08:30 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah we invited them to our wedding but only coz I didn't want to be rude. They got all the details of when, where ect when they recieved their invite in the mail. My MIL offered to make our cake and again because I didn't want to be rude I said yes. She took it upon herself to change the design I had choosen because she "didn't like the colours" (flowers on cake should have matched my flowers but they didn't coz of her). She didn't even fully cook the cake so it was unedible. To top it off she didn't even congratulate us after. I haven't spoken to her since. My SIL also took off with the bubbles we had bought to be blown. I had wanted to keep the left over ones as a keepsake.

I will not be asking them to the birth of our baby. The haven't taken an interest so I don't see the point. In fact my MIL refers to the baby as a 'brat' and has said on more than one occasion she never wants to be a grandmother. Its not like its hard for them to contact us. Hubby works with them.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 24th, 2006, 08:34 PM
[quote]

And she wore a freakin tiara.

OMG that is soooo funny !!!! You made me laugh tonight, thank you!

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
July 25th, 2006, 02:37 AM
So sorry his parents have passed on. We put something in our ceremony about his grandma because she wanted to see us get married but sadly we did not do it before she passed. Maybe talk to him about doing something like that so they are not forgotten on your big day.

July 25th, 2006, 03:33 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
My inlaws...oh boy. Well, really my MIL.

My DH went to AF bootcamp right after we got engaged, and we were set to get married at the Riverwalk in San Antonio the weekend after he graduated. Which we did. My mom flew down, as well as DH's mom, dad, and brother (my FIL and BIL I get along with great, they're really nice people). All his mom did the previous 2 days before the wedding was complain how we shouldn't get married...and then stood us up at our wedding! Yup, flew the 2000+ miles to TX from NJ, and then what? Went and toured the Alamo while her oldest son was getting married?

Still blows my mind. Obviously lol
July 25th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Veteran
We just went to the courthouse to get married, but (almost) everyone dressed nice. It was only supposed to be me, dh, my parents, his parents and one friend each. But nooo, one of his sisters shows up with her husband uninvited! I like her husband, and he was dressed for it, I just don't like her. Everybody looked good, I was wearing a dress, so was my mom and even mil. The guys were all wearing nice dress slacks, nice shirts etc. But sil shows up in dirty jeans, white sneakers and a NEON yellow eeyore t-shirt !!! I was sooo mad. I know it wasn't a formal occasion, but WTH? I was still trying to get along with them at the time so I didn't say anything, I wish I would have.
Brandi
July 25th, 2006, 12:05 PM
MinnesotaMommy
Didn't want to invite my mil and her boyfriend. BUt did.
July 25th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Meegan
[quote]
Quote:

And she wore a freakin tiara.

OMG that is soooo funny !!!! You made me laugh tonight, thank you!
lol no problem!!! You should have seen her dress too....

Quote:
I will not be asking them to the birth of our baby. The haven't taken an interest so I don't see the point. In fact my MIL refers to the baby as a 'brat' and has said on more than one occasion she never wants to be a grandmother. Its not like its hard for them to contact us. Hubby works with them.
She calls your unborn baby a brat? Wow, I fully understand why you don't want her there! She should feel lucky to even MEET her grandchild.
July 25th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Yeah we invited them to our wedding but only coz I didn't want to be rude. They got all the details of when, where ect when they recieved their invite in the mail. My MIL offered to make our cake and again because I didn't want to be rude I said yes. She took it upon herself to change the design I had choosen because she "didn't like the colours" (flowers on cake should have matched my flowers but they didn't coz of her). She didn't even fully cook the cake so it was unedible. To top it off she didn't even congratulate us after. I haven't spoken to her since. My SIL also took off with the bubbles we had bought to be blown. I had wanted to keep the left over ones as a keepsake.

I will not be asking them to the birth of our baby. The haven't taken an interest so I don't see the point. In fact my MIL refers to the baby as a 'brat' and has said on more than one occasion she never wants to be a grandmother. Its not like its hard for them to contact us. Hubby works with them.[/b]
I cannot believe she calls the baby a brat!!!!!!! You know my Mom told me when I was preg. with my son (13 years ago!!!) "I don't want to be called grandma, I'm to young to be called that." I told her "Blah on you!" LOL
My dh works with his Dad as well...
I'm sorry your MIL calls your baby a brat how RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

M&M's ROCK!
July 25th, 2006, 03:15 PM
asianmama
we did not invite fil and step mil and step sil. we did however invite mil,grandma il, sil- her kids, bil and his wife and their kid. and a majorioty of my family... (the asian half of my family) the white half there was no way in h@@@ they were comming... they cause so much drama!

when we had kids- mil was at the hospital 6 hours after i had given birth. fil,step mil,step sis didnt know anything about it--were not on talking terms. um we had aranged for the white side of my family to spend time with me and their neice way before my dad and mom .... they dont get along at all.
July 26th, 2006, 03:42 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
Brandon and I have decided just to have a courthouse wedding, but if we had a bigger ceremony his parents would not be invited - that was his idea, haha.

July 27th, 2006, 08:50 AM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I got a good one

My BIL knew that my water broke but he phoned my MIL and told her I'd already had the baby. So she came charging into my delivery room mad as a hatter because she thought I had the baby and we didn't call to tell her. I was laying in the bed resting hooked up to two ivs, and the nst and waiting for my epi and she came storming in. My blood pressure went through the roof cause I was so upset. She wasn't even supposed to be at the hospital while I was in labour. I had the nurse kick her out. I didn't have my daughter for another 11 hours. I was sooooo mad at her.

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search