whats the worst thing you inlaws have said to you?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 09:16 PM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I could make a whole book out of the things dh's father has said to me but I wrote him off when I first met him and he couldn't be bothered to meet me.....

My mil I have been better with but things went down hill when we got a suprise last year. In the early stages dh went to ride his dirtbike for 3 days and mil couldn't understand why I was upset (horrible cramps, couldn't lift the twins or the stroller so I was stranded etc) and she called me a selfish little ##### for not letting him go have fun.

So lets have your best (or worst)
July 24th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
my MIL flat-out told me when we first met she didn't want me with her son is the worst.

Best is when she was there when Cody was born, she was my rock. Of course our relationship was much better by then, after 4 years.

July 24th, 2006, 10:46 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
"How could you be so stupid to want to bring a child into this world" When we told MIL we were pregnant.

"I'm not suprised you think $100 is too much for a towel considering how cheap you are" When I said that I thought that $100 was a bit exessive for a towel.

"You'll end up living off the smell of an oil rag" When DH and I first moved in together.

All three statements said by my MIL. (lovely lady that she is)

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 25th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I mostly like my MIL, but if she EVER refers to my breasts as "titties" again I am going to scream! This was more of an issue when I was nursing, and if I have another child (which I will be nursing) and she says that word to me or around me again, I will not be able to contain myself. Other than that, we're good (mostly).

July 25th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like my MIL but she has some goofy things that she says that just drive me nuts.

We have a 4 month old and aren't thinking about having another for some time yet. Well she keeps hounding me and asking when we are going to have another and asking a million times how many are we going to have. I told we want 3 children and she was just appalled because she had 4...and DH is the baby...so she tells me that "you do realize that if I had only 3 DH would never have been born".
July 25th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Veteran
I too could write a book about these people. They have said sooo many things that make me really mad, but one of the worst was pretty early on. We already knew we were pregnant, we just hadn't told anybody yet. One of dh's cousins had a baby and we went to dh's parents house to visit. But first a little back ground. When Dh was born his birthmom Lisa didn't want to raise him, so his grandma Alice adopted him. Alice is now my mil, and Lisa is sil. They are both horrible people who take advantage of dh ALL the time. Anyway, before they even had a clue I was pregnant she said, and I quote " Y'all better not get any ideas, I don't want to raise another baby". I was 21, and dh was 23, it's not like we were little kids!!!
It pi$$e$ me off every time I think about it.
thanks for listening. Brandi
July 25th, 2006, 08:51 AM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
The worst thing my MIL has said to me is that I should not breatfeed my DD that is is gross and is dirty (boobs are for sex, and so that would be like abuse as she told me) and that makes me a cow
the best thing she has said is that I am a great mother (kinda funny huh? I try to do something good for my kid though and get put down for it?)

July 25th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Meegan
I could make a book as well, but what stands out the most is my FIL and his big mouth. At my rehearsal dinner, he made a toast and called me Jamie, which is DH's ex's name. Yeah. And a month before the wedding, he told me that DH was having second thoughts and he didn't know if he loved me. Of course I freaked out and called DH. He never said that, it was FIL trying to create drama, as usual. I have since learned to disregard anything he ever says. Moron. MIL is always taking digs at me, subtly, but digs nontheless.
July 25th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Kyra656's Avatar Super Mommy
worse thing my MIL said to me was "does your mother have morals?" This was when we were dating and she found out I don't go to church and I am really not religious.

July 25th, 2006, 03:22 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
His parents have never said anything TO my face because they don't have the guts to do so, but they've called me a wh0re, they've bashed my parenting (I guess breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping and baby wearing is too taboo for them?) and have said that I'm psychotic and Brandon better watch out because I'm crazy and going to kill them all.

July 25th, 2006, 04:46 PM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
Quote:
His parents have never said anything TO my face because they don't have the guts to do so, but they've called me a wh0re, they've bashed my parenting (I guess breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping and baby wearing is too taboo for them?) and have said that I'm psychotic and Brandon better watch out because I'm crazy and going to kill them all. [/b]
whats up wtih MIL's not wanting us to bf our babies? i guess they just grew up at a different time? ugg makes me mad!

July 25th, 2006, 04:59 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and i weren't married when this last christmas rolled around. it was his ex's x-mas w/ their son, so DH went to his parents so he could have x-mas w/ his son. when he asked if i could come, his father said "definitely not!" (the ex was invited, of course)
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

July 25th, 2006, 08:09 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
The worst thing my MIL has said to me is that I should not breatfeed my DD that is is gross and is dirty (boobs are for sex, and so that would be like abuse as she told me) and that makes me a cow
the best thing she has said is that I am a great mother (kinda funny huh? I try to do something good for my kid though and get put down for it?)[/b]
My MIL has warned us that I must NEVER feed in front of her. When asked what about when we are at her place, she simply said "Oh you can go into the bathroom if you really must feed while you are here". Needless to say we won't be visiting them at their place, they can come here and what I do in my own house is my own business.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 25th, 2006, 08:40 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
Quote:
Quote:
His parents have never said anything TO my face because they don't have the guts to do so, but they've called me a wh0re, they've bashed my parenting (I guess breastfeeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping and baby wearing is too taboo for them?) and have said that I'm psychotic and Brandon better watch out because I'm crazy and going to kill them all. [/b]
whats up wtih MIL's not wanting us to bf our babies? i guess they just grew up at a different time? ugg makes me mad!
[/b]

I suppose I'm supposed to give her coffee in a bottle like they do for their 2.5 year old son. Or hot chocolate.

DF is very pro-breastfeeding and is very supportive of DD and I's nursing relationship, but apparently his dad thought that just because I had a rough start I gave up. When we took her to his parent's when she was 4 weeks old, his father asked if I had found a formula for her. I wanted to say "no, I've just decided not to feed her" but bit my tongue because this man just runs in circles. CeCe (DF's stepmom) formula fed all of her kids so when she asked if I breastfed Ayden in front of her 18 and 21 year old sons, their eyes nearly came out of their heads.

July 26th, 2006, 07:16 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
Well, my inlaws (Dh's family) are all pretty nice. I have never had a real problem with them except for when we were planning our wedding and Dh's grandma (who raised him) insisted that my flower girl (DSD) wear ballerina slippers instead of dress shoes and also insisted on picking out her dress. But, she was paying for the dress so I didnt really say much. I did grumble to DH that we payed like $45 more for the stupid silk slippers than we would have for a nice pair of dress shoes I had picked out. But....oh well.

Now, DH's inlaws (my family) have said some crappy things. Not to his face, but behind his back and also behind mine. 2 examples that I can think of off the top of my head came from the same person, my aunt who lives in a completely different state and never met DH. At a Christmas dinner that I went to with my dad's side of the family that DH was unable to attend (thank God!) while we were dating my step-mom started asking how DH's daughter was and my aunt goes......."He has a daughter already! Well thats...'normal'!" ***!!! I just wanted to scream "Yeah he has a daughter AND he's 11 years older than me AND he is a wrestler AND WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!! SO BITE ME!!" But, I didnt. I just looked at my brother from across the table and got up and went to get more food. The other instance I can think of was when I was at my dad's for some family thing and DH again was working and not able to come. Well, we were just getting ready to get married and I had not invited that same aunt because of how cruel she can be and I didnt for a minute want DH or DSD to feel hurt by anything that she would have said. So, my "grandmother" (and I use that term loosly) said "Well, someone said that they just couldnt believe that you would be marrying someone that was already married before." Like I didnt know who "someone" was! And so I just looked at her and said "Well you can tell Ann or WHOEVER that that is none of their business! And if they REALLY want to know....DH has never been married before!!! DSD was from a one night stand!!! And if they have a problem with that then they can kiss my #####!" She just about had a coranary!! AAAHAHAHHHAAHAH. She just stood there and goes "Oh. Well. Ok. Um. So, how's work been!?" ROFLMAO. So, really, I guess I feel worse that DH has the inlaws that he has, cause mine are fine! hehe

casey

July 26th, 2006, 10:29 PM
m.and.a
I had a gastric bypass 5 years ago and have some extra skin. She told me that I reminded her of "one of those wrinkled dogs". I'm about 20 lbs overweight now and she told me I should get another surgery so I can be thin again. She told me just the other day that she would be embarrased by my daugthers umbilical hernia and that I should taoe a quarter to it. She did call my DH the other day crying that I hated her and didn't want her to see the twins because I wanted to see my baby after her surgery and wanted the family to wait until her Dad and I had had a chance to do so.
July 27th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Kirin'sMommy's Avatar Veteran
Well the worst thing my MIL said to me is that Dh wasnt the father of my little girl she tried making him believe that he wasnt the father the sad thing was she was around us we even got pregnant she was living in Aust. So when she did come home she was pregnant herself and when I told her i was she acted ok then the next day i find out she was sayin all this about my baby. I dont know why she was even say it.It hurt bad cause how I see it having a baby is one of the biggest thing you'll go through in your life and it should be a happy time but she made it everything but happy. But since my daughter has been born i guess we get along better.
July 27th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Super Mommy
Um..I get along with my inlaws pretty well actually. The only thing that stands out that has ever "bugged" me really was when dh, his mother and his grandmother and I were sitting around the dinner table. They know we aren't very religious and that we aren't Christian. They both went on and on and on about how once Kailey is born we'll believe in God....as if they knew exactly what was gonna happen in my life and how having a child was going to affect us. I don't like it when ppl tell ME how *I* am....as if I don't know my own self.
July 27th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Shaney3401's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Shaney3401
Well she straight out told me she never wanted me to be part of their family and that i wasn't good enough for any man. She also hasn't said a word to me since she found out I was pregnant, she'll call and just ask for robert and not even say hello.

Another thing she did was when i went up to their house for thakgiving, all the women go christmas shopping the day after, well she came into the room we were sleeping in and turned my alarn off so i wouldn't wake up and took off with out me. Then told everyone I was just too lazy!!!! The women drives me INSANE!! She has a heart of stone. But i'll tell you one thing, I'm putting my foot down the day the baby is born. If she still wants to be a b**** then I'll have her kicked out of the hospital. That is going to be MY DAY TO SHINE!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search