ITs nice to meet you

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Saigon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So what was your first impression of your in laws?

What do you think they thought of you?
July 25th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My FIL met me before my MIL did. He really liked me from the start but then my DH & I had problems in our relationship (through BOTH of our faults), he really didn't like me much after that until just a couple of years ago. Now he is back joking with me and flirting (harmless we all know). He especially loves his grandson and the fact that he is allowed to do more things with Cody than with my BILs kids. He also has a special place in his heart for my DD. He has called her "Mel" from the start. I don't know what it is about but she loves the special nickname given to her by her Papa.
When my MIL met me, we were at my IL's house and my DH (fiance at the time) was on the volunteer fire department for the city. He was on-call for EMS time and there ended up being a fire run so he responded, leaving Marissa, Jonathan & me at their house. The run went so late that it got to the point where we decided that it was best just for the kids & I to stay the night over there. Before bed though she sat me down to tell me how displeased she was of him dating me. That night, when Scott got back from the run, his mother was waiting up for him and told him the kids & I were asleep in his room and he was to sleep on the family room floor. For months after that, she my SIL and older BIL all tried to talk him out of dating me because of the fact that I had young kids but my SIL had no room to talk. She had been dating a man old enough to be her father & he has 2 kids just a couple of years younger than her. They are now getting married now and age is not exactly the issue with me....it's just she had no right casting stones at me!
I had a really great impression of my FIL but not my MIL.

July 25th, 2006, 07:59 AM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
The first time I met my MIL I felt very unwelcome in her house, she even treated her son like how dare you bring this lady here to my house and this child (Tori was 1 at the time and since being married has adopted her) I think she saw me as a threat. he never brought home a girlfreind since joining the Navy so taking me on a trip to meet his family she knew I was more than likely going to be sticking around and she would have to then "share" him
When we went over to my FIL's house they all welcomed me and we super nice and loved my DD. And he had me soooo worried about his step mom cause they never got along, go figure we get a long just fine always have! I guess they liked me, if not they did a good job of hiding it!

July 25th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Meegan
Well at first, I liked them, because I didn't really know them lol. But FIL did call me by my DH's ex's name, and kept telling me stories of their relationship, but MIL was pretty nice. It's when we got engaged that I realized how crazy and controlling she is!
July 25th, 2006, 09:38 AM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I first met my inlaws I was shy but they were both super great. My FIL asked DH when he was going to marry me after I left the house! Their whole family is nice but they are louder than mine so that took some getting used to!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search