Anyone have that perfect SIL they get compared to?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Meegan
I do!! She has been in the family for over 10 years, married to DH's oldest brother. She has NO relationship with her own mother, so MIL has been the only mother she has known for the longest time. So they talk on the phone, go shopping, blah blah blah. Well MIL always whines that I don't make an effort to be friends with her like Gina is, and why don't I call her. DH always has to explain that I have my OWN mother, and she is my best friend, and that I am NOT Gina! It has been an issue for 4 years now.
July 25th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh gosh i think i have the same setup! well my SIL is not perfect and MIL knows it and doesnt whine, but they do alot together and i'm just not that kind of person. i love my mom and am an only child. plus we live pretty far away, but yeah i know i wont be like them

July 25th, 2006, 03:53 PM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
One of DH's sisters on his mom's side has the PERFECT body..maybe she won't when she pops out #3 at the end of the year. But she just got a boob job and is so skinny she looks sick 1/2 the time. Well MIL is always telling me how she lost the baby weight and came home in her normal clothes and that hse looks so great with ehr new boobs (even told me when we visit she would take me to SIL's Dr!!!) She tells me how I need to go to a tanning bed to get darker like my SIL...whatever. Just bothers me that she is always getting on to hwo I look.

July 25th, 2006, 03:57 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmm sort of . . . they adore DH's **** ex-wife . . .
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

July 25th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Meegan
Quote:
hmm sort of . . . they adore DH's **** ex-wife . . .[/b]
LMAO that made me spit out my tea when I read it!!
July 25th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I am that SIL to DH's parents. Ya sure we haven't always gotten along but I am not like my DH's SIL.
Here is stuff she has done:
*My BIL & her had dated since the early '90's and got married in 1997. But before she dated him, she dated one of DH's younger brothers (one of the twins) just to get closer to the older brother. So she would say she was calling the younger brother but when the older brother answered the phone, she would spend hours talking to him and eventually she dumped the younger brother and started dating the older brother.
When I started dating DH, I only dated DH & only had intentions to date him.
*She is such a snob and will prefer walking 20 blocks to her own parents house instead of walking 10 blocks to my IL's.
* On holidays, they spend all day with HER family and they don't even eat with us. They show up long enough to open presents and then the kids are so cranky she immediately takes them home and my MIL & FIL do not get to spend any time with them or see them play with their new toys a little bit.
*She will not let my IL's do ANYTHING for her children aside form holidays and birthdays. My MIL loves taking the kids out school shopping and stuff but SIL will not allow it.

These are just a few things on the top of my head about her.

July 26th, 2006, 06:56 AM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
hmm sort of . . . they adore DH's **** ex-wife . . .[/b]
LMAO that made me spit out my tea when I read it!!
[/b]
sorry

but they do . . . really! they think she is just GREAT. (evidently it's his fault she cheated on him for over a decade)
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

July 27th, 2006, 10:43 AM
MinnesotaMommy
Thank God NO!! I have 5 sil's.
July 27th, 2006, 12:56 PM
CBMS
My "perfect" SIL was married to my brother... and my mom was forever acting like a b**** when I would say that I didn't like her and that something wasn't right, etc.

Well, finally, my brother found out that not only had she cheated with about ten different men, but that neither of his two children were biologically his. Of course, that revelation was AFTER he had custody of them... and he has signed the birth certificates, so they're his. He loves them, no matter who their father[s] may be.

My husband's family is great! My MIL treats my children as hers (even the two that my DH isn't the bio father to), and she and I get together a lot. She takes us shopping, to lunch, etc... so I guess I *AM* that SIL that the others hate (except my SIL is wonderful, too).
July 28th, 2006, 11:03 AM
** Mandy **
I have one SIL but so far I have heard no comparisons. Interesting... I'm almost surprised I haven't. If they lived closer and were around more maybe that would happen. She does seem pretty perfect so I would probably be the bad one. hehe.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search