Okay so we know how we feel towards our inlaws

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 08:11 AM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dh doenst have a problem with my parents as I know of, I know he doens't like what my mother did to me recently, but he doesnt have enough contact with my mom and dad and stepmom to really say if he likes or dislikes them, cause like I said we live in cali and they live in oklahoma...
July 26th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My DH gets along great with my mother and even calls her "mom." But he absolutely hates my dad and makes it known every chance he gets.

July 26th, 2006, 10:27 AM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
DH gets a long with both my parents. he thinks my mom is crazy, and I agree. he enjoys going and helping my dad do projects around their house. But they have yet to cause any kind of problems with us.

July 26th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Meegan
DH has no problems with my parents, because they don't butt into our lives, and they respect him as my husband. They let us run our own lives. MIL thinks that because she gave birth to DH 29 years ago that he still needs to clear all decisions with her. God I hate that woman!
July 26th, 2006, 11:19 AM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
DH has no problems with my parents, because they don't butt into our lives, and they respect him as my husband. They let us run our own lives. MIL thinks that because she gave birth to DH 29 years ago that he still needs to clear all decisions with her. God I hate that woman![/b]
seems we have twin mils....LMAO
July 26th, 2006, 11:30 AM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
My father lives across the country, so he's never met him, but he doesn't care for my mom and I don't blame him in the slightest.

July 26th, 2006, 04:07 PM
youngmum123
hmmm.. well mine gets along with my dad pretty good.. but like my mum and him dont see eye to eye they have fights about stupid things.. my mum sticks her nose into our business... and he gets the shi+s with that.but yeh they get along ok when there not fighting.
July 26th, 2006, 04:50 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he and my mom love each other - he and dad haven't met, but it won't go badly -
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

July 26th, 2006, 07:48 PM
asianmama
i love my inlaws most of the time. hubby is going crazy with my parents and i dont blame them i wish i was missed placed at the hsoptial maybe i would have grown up in a normal house....( my olders siblings said i was switched at birth... and its been a joke ever since) but i really want it to be true.
July 26th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Athey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Athey
This is actually probably my biggest stress. My mom and my DH practically dispuze each other and I'm always in the middle of everything. I hate it so much.

Things have been a bit more stable the last 2 weeks, but I always feel like it could totally fall apart at any moment.

July 26th, 2006, 09:25 PM
m.and.a
My DH loves my parents because he can see just how overbearing and controlling his parents try to be. He's an adult and his mom treats him like he's a child and criticizes and questions every little decision. My parents don't butt in to our lives at all.
July 27th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Kirin&#39;sMommy's Avatar Veteran
Dh has no problem with my parents at all he only gets upset when me and my parents might get into a fight every once inwhile but for the most the they get along fine and its because they dont get into our business. They respect our relationship.
July 27th, 2006, 10:30 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
My DH loves my family. It is sometimes hard for him to understand how close my family (the ones that live in the state that I grew up around) are with eachother and how much I miss them even though we only live an hour away. He grew up in a family that was not close at all and did not have big get togethers for things like bithdays, anniversaries, graduations, Sundays....LOL. So, it was really hard for him at first because he always wanted to know why they felt I should drive the hour there and hour back just to have dinner for someone's birthday or something like that. Now, he just feels like sometimes they put me in a bad positiion when when ask me to do things or come down there more than we can really afford and I either end up hurting their feelings when I say no or making DH mad when I go.......it can be a bad situation. But other than that, he really really likes my family and gets along well with them. My dad comes up and helps us work on the house and DH enjoys that alot because his dad passed away a couple years ago and he was never taught to do anything around the house. He also thinks its funny that he and my stepdad are the same age. LOL. They are both 33.....DH is 11 years older than me and my stepdad is 9 years younger than my mom..........he thinks it is hilarious!! hahah

casey

July 27th, 2006, 10:39 AM
MinnesotaMommy
My dh gets along with my parents. My dad is known for not being the most positive person. And that bugs my dh. My only sister he gets along with but does not agree with her life style. But has learned to keep his mouth shut!!
July 27th, 2006, 01:00 PM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH & parents get along great - my parents are very respectful & don't interfere with our lives at all.
July 27th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Super Mommy
Well....My DH loves my stepdad. My stepdad is awesome, a PERFECT gentleman. My Mother...well.. she's a bit psycho. "We" don't like her too much although that relationship is being worked on after 3 years...

My mom told me (when I was 17, just a cpl mths into our relationship) that she hoped I never married him and that I never had kids.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...yea, she loves my dh now and will NOT stop calling me about her grandchild who is soon to be born.

My brother is crazy..literally we think. He's in jail right now...touchy topic..long story. Anywho, my family is nuts, but my dh takes everything with a grain of salt. He's had a ROUGH childhood and knows how quacky families can be.
He LOVES my sister and her husband though. We hang out every weekend. Very close.
July 27th, 2006, 09:47 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and my Dad get along like a house on fire but as far as my Mother goes... even I have times when I don't like her all that much. She can be very opinionated and controlling.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 28th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Super Mommy
Dh and my mom get along great same with me stepdad

My dad and dh dont get along though, but neith do me and my dad
July 28th, 2006, 08:03 AM
** Mandy **
DH thinks my parents arn't around or involved enough where I think his are overly involved and around too much. It is just a difference in our family styles and how we grew up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search