holidays

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 09:18 AM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay...so we all have in-laws we don't get along with.....what are your techniques to getting through the holidays?
July 26th, 2006, 09:29 AM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Okay...so we all have in-laws we don't get along with.....what are your techniques to getting through the holidays?[/b]
TAKE LOTS OF DRUGS...
No I'm just kidding..LOL
But my cousin who does not like her inlaws either she DOES take some sort of nerve pills before going around her inlaws
I need some of those
LOL
I just grin and try to bear it
Really it has not been that bad until I had Jaden, they really have not irritated me that bad until then...

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
July 26th, 2006, 09:39 AM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just smile and go on, normally dh cant stay to long at there house cause they have a cat and hes allergic to animals, so we normally are only there for an hour or so then we have to leave...
July 26th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Since I don't get along with my BIL & his wife, I just try no to talk to them. It seems every time they open their mouth it is to judge my DH or me.

July 26th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Meegan
DH and I have an agreement that we spend every other Thanksgiving with my or his family, this year it's his turn But Christmas gets more difficult. Christmas Eve my family has a big party, so we go to that because his family doesn't do anything. But then on Christmas day, his family thinks we have to spend ALL DAY with them, and that is crap. I want to be able to see my family ON Christmas too, not spend 12 hours with his family. This year will be our first Christmas with our son, so we will do what is best for him. I want him to have a wonderful time, not be caught up in drama from my inlaws.
July 26th, 2006, 05:14 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do we HAVE to talk about it NOW ???? FIL is soo demanding during the holidays. I'm not ready to go there yet

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

July 26th, 2006, 05:48 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Do we HAVE to talk about it NOW ???? FIL is soo demanding during the holidays. I'm not ready to go there yet [/b]
ugh . . . agreed

last tgiving we were at their house - so was DH's ex. i wasn't ALLOWED to their house for xmas (the ex was there). we were going to flee to disney w/ DH's son this year, but since we'll have a newborn . . . *sigh* i don't know . . .
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

July 27th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Kirin&#39;sMommy's Avatar Veteran
my MIL in law wants us to spend christmas eve and christams day. Christmas eve is a big family party with Dhs family then for christmas dinner with his mom and parents come too.
July 27th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Super Mommy
Well before I was pregnant I smoked, so dh and I would just use that as an excuse to run outside away from whoever it was that was annoying us.

Since being pregnant, I just raise my eyebrows at whatever they say and smile like they are idiots. Pretty funny actually....I then proceed to walk away.
July 27th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Shaney3401's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Shaney3401
Since that thanksgiving insident Robert lets me avoid them pretty much for the holidays. Now that we will have a baby in the picture we have to sit down and have a HUGE talk about that. I'm not going to go someplace where i'm not wanted and feel very uncomfortable. And I'll be ######ed if my son grows up listening to them bad mouth me!!!

July 28th, 2006, 09:06 AM
** Mandy **
Get it and get out. One good thing about having holidays at the inlaws house is that it is easier to get away when we have had enough. Much easier to say goodbye and leave than it is to throw them out the door of our house.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search