Birthday Parties

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Do you invite your IL's to your childrens birthday parties? Or if you don't have children yet, do you plan on it? Why or why not?

July 26th, 2006, 10:28 AM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
since they live in another state no. If so then yes we would, that is their grandparents weather I like it or not they do desirve to have them around as much as possible. (none of them have done anything to the kids...)

July 26th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Meegan
They will be invited, but as I stated in one of my other posts, I am worried about MIL trying to take it over, as she does with everything. So we will see. If she doesn't act right at the baptism and party afterwards, she may not be invited to other events. I am not putting up with her crap when it comes to my child.
July 26th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My IL's are all invited except for his brother & SIL. They act like idiots every chance they get and take every chance to poke nasty comments our way.

July 26th, 2006, 11:31 AM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I invite them to to gavins first and second birthday, but I think next time we are just gonna do a little party somewhere around here, and then go on our birthday trip....

She just took off with him at the zoo (2nd birthday) she just walked off with him in the stroller, and it pissed me off so I told dh no more inviting them to things like this anymore...lol
July 26th, 2006, 01:02 PM
M4NE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have I got a birthday party story for you guys!!!!

Birthdays in my family have always been a MAJOR big deal. DH's family didn't really do that much birthday-wise, but after Daniel was born I told DH that I wanted to make birthdays something special for our kids. He agreed...he always felt let down on his birthday b/c he was lucky to get a cake. Last year, in May before Daniel's birthday in Sept, DH's grandmother passed away. She lived about 4 hrs from us and the in-laws so it took several months to get things sorted, moved, ect. After the family had decided who was getting what, they wanted to have a yard sale to get rid of the other stuff. The date of the yard sale got changed several times due to conflicts between the in-laws schedules and DH's uncle and aunt's schedule. Finally FIL and his brother settled on a date, which just happened to be the date of Daniel's birthday party. (I don't fault FIL, he is horrible with dates and didn't realize what day the party was) Well, when I pointed out to MIL that the yard sale was on the day of Daniel's birthday party, she say "Too bad, we've had a hard enough time scheduling this and we're not changing it." I honestly thought she was joking (I should have known better!!!) She kept on and on about it, until I realized she was serious, so I told her "Fine...You do what you feel you have to do, but you can explain to your grandson why you aren't coming to his party. And you can also plan on not coming to Michael's party in Nov. That just wouldn't be fair." Well, that's when FIL stepped in...He flat out told MIL that HE wasn't missing his grandson's party and that they could just reschedule the yard sale. MIL was pi$$ed for weeks b/c she was made to look like the petty witch that she is.

So, in response to the OP, yeah, they get invited to the parties....I just don't necessarily like it!!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
July 27th, 2006, 10:37 AM
MinnesotaMommy
My fil, yes to all and every. My mil, no ususally. Only when we feel like putting up with her.
July 27th, 2006, 11:19 AM
asianmama
we throw seperate parties... one party with mil and all that side of family-aunts uncles cousins grandma inlaw. and then we throw a seprate party for fil and step mil and sil. and then we have party for my family and friends... ashlyn got spoiled. christmas and thanksgiving its bad too.. thanksgiving is with mil and that side of the family-- really big family reunion type deal that last a week. one day of that week we have to go down the hill into town and visit fil and mil-- both inlaws live in the same small town but cant stand eachother...
and then we dont do anything with my family for thanksgiving cuz we are on the other side of the state visitng his families.. chirstmas everyone sends gifts to us and we spend christmas eve with my family.. very complicated
July 28th, 2006, 11:08 AM
** Mandy **
I'm sure we will have to but I'm kind of disappointed about this thought because I think it would be nice to have some events that feel like they are just between us (DH, DD and I). It feels like the inlaws have to be included in everything and I wish we could break away a bit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search