Does your MIL have only sons, no girls?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Meegan
That is my case, my MIL has 4 boys (well 3, one passed away a few years ago), but has always wanted a girl. I think this is why she got so crazy around the wedding planning time. It's no secret that the bride and her mother get to do all the fun planning stuff, but that is how it is SUPPOSED to be!! And my mom said that she would not let MIL take that away from her, after all I was HER only daughter! So I was wondering if any of you have that similar situation, maybe it is why they are so crazy. I notice it is always the DH's parents, hardly ever the girls parents. Oh I PRAY I am not one of those MIL one day to my son's future wife!
July 26th, 2006, 11:03 AM
MinnesotaMommy
My mil has 3 boy and 4 girls. Not all are blood related.
July 26th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My DH has one sister. But my MIL did try to overtake our wedding plans so that is why we eloped.

With my ex-MIL, she had a daughter who was only 4 when my ex & I got married but since she was not older, she tried to control our entire lives.

July 26th, 2006, 11:24 AM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my mother inlaw has 2 step boys and 3 of her own, so 5 all together
July 26th, 2006, 03:03 PM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mil has 3 boys and no girls. She keeps telling me that I am like her daughter. What she needs to realize is that I have a mom and am not really looking for another.
July 26th, 2006, 03:56 PM
youngmum123
My mother in law has 4 boys also she always wanted a girl though…
But yeh.. She has my daughter.. She doesn’t get to see her as much as I would like though...
She isn’t really controlling… she advises but that’s about it…
its sad though that she never had a girl.
July 26th, 2006, 04:00 PM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
Mu MIL jas 2 sons (one of which she does not talk to and has not for years and years...too bad not my DH lol) and 1 daughter. She also at the time (I say this cause she is on husband #5) has a step son and a step daughter.

July 26th, 2006, 04:49 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH has a brother, no other siblings. though i swear DH's ex was separated at birth from the ILs - they belong together
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

July 26th, 2006, 09:21 PM
m.and.a
My DH is one of 4 boys. Unfortunately, he is one of the 2 that are momma's boys. The oldest and youngest are very independent. His other brother still lives at home, in the basement with his wife and 3 kids, and my DH runs to momma any time he wants anything.
July 27th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Kirin&#39;sMommy's Avatar Veteran
My Dh is one of 3 boy. My MIL always wanted a little girl and her last son she had is 4months old then my daughter .So that didnt go over to good I had the girl and once again she had a boy
July 28th, 2006, 11:00 AM
** Mandy **
My situation is the same where I am my mothers only daughter and my MIL only has sons (2 of them). It was always nice though because she isn't very girly so she was happy to be involved in the wedding but not pushy about it at all. She was very welcoming to me because I was like the daughter she never had. It isn't all perfect though, because she is like a guy she usually acts un-emotional like a guy. Her motto is "not my problem." Nice!

July 20th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
MIL has 3 boys.
July 21st, 2008, 08:37 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
MIL has 3 boys, only boys. my mom has 3 girls, only girls. needless to say, each mother was glad get the other no problems with the wedding though.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

July 21st, 2008, 09:32 AM
Jessica!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jessica! Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica!
MIL has two boys. I married the oldest one. The younger one is a stupid redneck who spends all his money on his Camaro and still lives at home. Probably no intentions of moving out. My mom had two girls. I'm the oldest one. My sister has a nasty attitude and always runs around saying, "I'm never getting married... F that!!!"

So, my mom probably only had my wedding to help plan. I would not have let MIL destroy that. MIL and her sister tried telling us what we could and couldn't do for OUR wedding. I was just like, "are you serious? Get a life.."

It's just pathetic how controlling some people can be. I feel bad for them.

July 21st, 2008, 07:38 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, my MIL has 3 boys no girls! She wasn't too bad about the wedding but she would make these useless stupid suggestions (she still does that) and I just say "Nope!" or have DH nicely tell her that's not what we were/are going to do. Then she almost ruined it by bein almost late, we had to rearrange the pics because she was late and rush through their family's, and she wasn't there to practice lighting the candles for the unity candle with my mom. It was so annoying.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search