Do you see favorism

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 11:21 AM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we found out a bout 3 weeks about my sil is having a girl so we will see, I think they will spend more time with her then our kids cause I let her get away with things.... and tell her no more then yes....
July 26th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I think my in-laws favor the girls a little more than the boy grandchildren. But they had 4 boys and 1 girl and now there are 4 grandsons and 2 grand daughters. My FIL says that Kayla (my BIL's daughter) is the only female he will ever shave his beard off for if she asks. My FIL calls my daughter Mel and says she has a special place because my MIL had a miscarriage back between their 1st and 2nd children and he imagines the one they lost would have been so sweet like my DD, even though my DD is not my DH's daughter biologically. My MIL buys the girls such girly-girl things and every time she is out, she picks Marissa & Kayla up things, while she usually consults us & my BIL about things for the boys, since to me boys are harder to buy for and I think she feels the same. But they still love all the boys too.

Oh and the boys are ALL really hyper, whereas the girls are more mellow, evn Kayla who is just getting ready to turn 3.

July 27th, 2006, 09:54 AM
MinnesotaMommy
My parents favor my oldest ds to the younger kids.
July 28th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Kirin&#39;sMommy's Avatar Veteran
My IL dont favor little kids any different but when it comes to Dh and his brother they favor his brother over him alot more.
July 28th, 2006, 10:49 AM
** Mandy **
Right now this doesn't apply because our daughter is their only grandchild. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future when more come along.

July 28th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
As long as they have my SIL's kids.. Our kids don't matter.. They only see them if we take them over to their house.. They having nothing to do with us otherwise... I mean my oldest son calls them Tristan's grandpa and grandma... He tells my hubby.... Are we going to your mom and dad's.. Or your mom said.. So I think he knows.. And the 2 babies act if they are strangers...
July 20th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No, not with the grandkids, but she favors her youngest son over the three of them.
July 21st, 2008, 07:21 PM
SamuelsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now Samuel is their only grandchild although we are expecting another. DH's brothers aren't even close to married so at the moment we don't deal with any of that.

July 29th, 2008, 12:55 PM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
MIL and FIL don't favor any grandchild over the other. Right now there are only two boys one ours and one BIL/SIL's. SIL is due with the first girl in early September. I am due with grandbaby #4 in February. I don't think anything will change. HOWEVER, when it comes to DH and his brother. They definitely favor BIL. They put up with WAY more crap from him than they would ever put up with from DH. However, we are definitely the favorites in the sense that IL invite us to stuff that they don't invite the BIL and SIL to. Mainly, I think, because BIL is a jerk and throws temper tantrums at age 31.

August 3rd, 2008, 08:05 AM
sweetlilysmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sweetlilysmom Send a message via MSN to sweetlilysmom Send a message via Yahoo to sweetlilysmom
Quote:
Right now this doesn't apply because our daughter is their only grandchild. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future when more come along.[/b]
ditto

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search