Here we go!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By summer70
  • 1 Post By butterfly721

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2013, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure how active this board is but I sure need some support.

Hubby and I have been married four months and the last month has been HELL. So many issues with his father I don't know where to start.

We were married under the impression that we would receive a majority share in the family business this month. Imagine how we felt when we found out that he only got 37% ownership with no control for six years! I've been crying for days because when we started out we knew how controlling and tyrannical the father was and we thought we would be through with it in a matter of months. Now we literally have to live under this crazy man's thumb for the next six years.

My husband has been very emotionally abused by his father-- never good enough, never smart enough, could never live up to expectations but his father never told him what expectations to live up to. The father has turned on me... I was working in the family business but the old man started screaming and yelling at me, right in my face over simple mistakes. He was reaching out and putting his hand on me and yelling at the same time. I left that day and I have not been back to work since. I really thought I was going to lose it and hit him! You don't just get in a persons face and yell at them and put your hands on them!

I just read through this and I realize it is all over the place. Hopefully I can find some friends, support, and advice here. It is hard not to fight with hubby over all this. I love him and he is so wonderful. I never thought this would be the first months of our marriage, though!

Tell me your worst inlaw horror story and hopefully we can commiserate together.
February 13th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Super Mommy
I am very sorry for all you are going through. Perhaps your husband can find a job elsewhere and walk away from this business. (((hugs))))
AnnaBonana likes this.

April 7th, 2013, 02:23 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm very sorry that you and your DH are having problems with his father. My DH and I have been married less than a year, and I've never had a problem with his mom, but his dad is a completely different story. I try to avoid him as much as possible. He usually manages to say something completely unpleasant and out of line.
AnnaBonana likes this.
April 15th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We got through Easter dinner, so that is fine. Neither his mother or his father spoke a word to me, so it was pretty awkward. But at least no verbal attacks.

I haven't seen them since. I know MIL was supposed to retire when we got married and had four months of freedom and now she has gone back to working full time at the age of 70. I feel so, so guilty but how am I supposed to manage working 7 days a week under such hostile conditions?

DH's is very supportive of me going back to work in my last position and I know in this economy I am lucky to have a fallback job that pays well. So, I'm looking on the bright side for now.
May 16th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Veteran
Ugh!!! It is so ridiculous for people to think that just because you are part of the family they can use and abuse you. What kind of business is it??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search