You got to be kidding me!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
Ok So I dont know if Im over reacting or not But today my MIL was over and she was holding Jordyn and she goes to Jordyn. "Why hasnt your mommy taken you to get your ears peirced?" I said to her that we are going to wait until shes older and use it as a pawn.. i.e. You did good in school lets get your ears done. Any ways when I said that she goes to Jordyn. Dont worry one day soon Ill take you when you mommys not around and get them done! Ummm If she does that Im so going to lose it one that lady! GRRRR Ok now I feel better!

July 30th, 2006, 10:31 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know exactly how you feel. Only difference is its my mother pushing the ear piercing thing, but since she's DH's MIL it still counts. My MIL has other strong ideas about what babies should and shouldn't have done and do. I've told DH that she can say we should enrol the baby in as many things as she likes, but that does not mean that we are going too.

And as for her taking the lil one to get them done, I don't know about the laws where you are but I do know here that for a child under 16 parental consent MUST be given to have and sort of piercing done. Perhaps find out what the go is, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 31st, 2006, 01:58 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Put your foot down NOW! There is no reason for your MIL to make a major decision like that for your DD!

My ex-stepmother was going to take my DD to get her hair cut when she was 2 years old and actually got mad when my dad consulted with me on what type of haircut I wanted for my own daughter.

Just remember it is YOUR child!

July 31st, 2006, 07:11 AM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ok So I dont know if Im over reacting or not But today my MIL was over and she was holding Jordyn and she goes to Jordyn. "Why hasnt your mommy taken you to get your ears peirced?" I said to her that we are going to wait until shes older and use it as a pawn.. i.e. You did good in school lets get your ears done. Any ways when I said that she goes to Jordyn. Dont worry one day soon Ill take you when you mommys not around and get them done! Ummm If she does that Im so going to lose it one that lady! GRRRR Ok now I feel better![/b]
I would have said something right then and there! "No I think mommy and daddy will have them done when we are ready!!!"
What an ITCH!!!!! I feel for you dear!!!!! I agree with what someone else said "PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN NOW!"

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
July 31st, 2006, 09:57 AM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
OMG I would have told her off right then and there. That is your child and you can decide when things happen in her life! Oh that would make me so mad!

July 31st, 2006, 12:05 PM
MinnesotaMommy
OOOOOOOOO, I'd be P\O!!!!

I felt the same way when one of my sil's asked Destiny if she wanted to die her hair PINK!!! Good thing I was not around to hear that, or there would have been some words going on with that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search