Snotty Comments

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2006, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a rude comment just this weekend. My husband's birthday was on the 25th and I was still on bedrest from having Aiden so we couldn't go out and celebrate it on the day. We went out Saturday to see a movie and the IL's were watching Xander and Lucas (we took Aiden with us). We dropped them off at my MILs house at 1:00. They had a late breakfast at like 10 because both my husband and I needed to catch up on sleep and we woke up late. (Gotta love 2:00am feedings). At 12 we gave them a small lunch of cheese and grapes. We did this for a reason. After the movie we were going to take the boys out for an early dinner so we could celebrate my husbands birthday with them too. We told my MIL that we were going to do this! So you would think that she wouldn't give them any food or anything. It was a 2 hour movie so we would be having dinner like at 4:00. So after the movie we go and pick up the boys and (thank God my husband just went in to go get them because I probably would've gone off on her) she says "Oh I gave them each a half of a sandwich, some fruit and some fruit snacks. They took whatever I offered them so I thought they were hungry. (and this is what would've really pissed me off) You must starve them!" (AND SHE WAS SERIOUS) So not only did she ruin their appitites for dinner (we went to the restraunt... Xander ate a little bit and Lucas didn't eat at all) but she went on to insult us by saying we don't feed our kids!
July 31st, 2006, 02:53 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Not anything real recent but back in Feb. Scott went to his parents house to give his mom the money towards the payment towards the house we are buying from her.
Scott's older brother (the really nasty rude one) was over there buying postage stamps from my MIL and handed her the money for them. Then he turns to my DH and said "now it's your turn." Like it's any of his business what is going on with us & my MIL. He is such a major friggin jerk!

July 31st, 2006, 04:47 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
Brandon's parents don't have nerve enough to say anything to me, so they say it when I'm not around, but when I was pregnant his mom always got on me for not drinking enough water. I droke 64+ ounces of water, but when you're 9 months pregnant in Arizona, in MAY, and have pre-eclampsia, there's really not much you can do for swollen feet. She said that she never had swollen feet with either of her kids, blahblah, so it was definitely not normal for me to have swollen feet. His dad used to give me he11 because I ate canned fruit and it just had too much sugar, and I needed to eat fortified cereals, blahblahblah. He would tell Brandon that I "wasn't going to want to get up with the baby in the middle of the night" and almost wet his pants when he saw that I give Ayden a pacifier.

July 31st, 2006, 04:49 PM
chlodoll
mine dont really speak english so i am syre there are tons i dont understand lol
July 31st, 2006, 04:52 PM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Erin I totally understand about the rude comments!
We will be trying to tell MIL something funny that Jaden did like "And she threw up ..." And she will be like "Yeah babies do that" but it is the "way" she says it like so condensending...

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
July 31st, 2006, 05:52 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
she's going to pretend our daughter doesn't exist . . . which is mostly a relief cause i hate her, but still. make an effort, b****.
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search