YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOR HUBBY

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2006, 05:25 AM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well finally my husband took a tiny stand!!!!! Here is the story: SIL (his sister) came home (she only gets home once or twice a year cuz' she lives in the state of Washington & we are in PA) on Friday but of course (as I said in another post) no one was kind enough to call & say she got there. We never saw her until Sunday because "hubby" had to call his parents house Sat. evening & then we went over for dinner on Sunday. (which went "okay") Alrighty then....When we left my son (who is 13) mentioned that he hoped she came to visit Monday night because he is leaving Tues morning to go to his other Aunt's house which is 60 or 70 miles away from where we live in another town. He wanted to see hubby's sister before she left (he just loves her!) So hubby told her this. I seriously and honestly thought she would be visiting last night. Nope. She calls though at: 9:30 at night! Hubby answered the phone and I hear "Nope." Then he hands the phone to my son. I asked hubby what was going on and he said: "She wanted to know if we were going to be up for awhile yet and if she could come over and I told her nope." Normally hubby would feel bad and fight with me to "let her or whomever come over" but he told her "nope." Yahooo for hubby!!!!! He told me that he was P' off because she waited until the last minute of the day to come and see him (us) and that's horse crap. (his parents do the same thing!!!) She leaves Wed. by the way. But hey it will teach her to set her priorities straight. I feel bad for my son. I really do. He is pretty upset that she didn't come over. Now let's see if she comes over tonight to see her neice (who is 7 months old and she has only seen her now twice since she has been born) I'll be very mad if she doesn't come over before she leaves but on the other hand if she comes over tonight after my son leaves I'll feel bad for him cuz' that's going to make him feel bad. Anyway hubby got back on the phone with her and hardly talked to her. She said "I'll let you go watch wrestling" And he said "Okay" And they hung up. Hubby said he is getting tired of us being "their" last thought of the day, etc. Which is what I've been trying to tell him for years now about them. I guess sometimes if you just sit back and watch with your mouth shut they show their true colors all by theirselves!

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
August 1st, 2006, 06:56 AM
Meegan
Wow yay for him!!! Doesn't it feel so great when they finally stand up for you and your family??
August 1st, 2006, 07:58 AM
Veteran

Yay! So happy for you!

It does seem like the more I keep my mouth shut the more my DH figures out for himself. Maybe it's a guy thing.

My SIL is the same as yours, except she doesn't even say she's coming over to see Hailey. Whenever she's in NY/NJ (usually when my ILs buy her a ticket), she's too busy with her friends.

August 1st, 2006, 10:29 AM
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">I sort of feel bad for hubby cuz' it hurts him the way his sister and parents are acting but I've been telling him for awhile now that they are quite rude. And I'm tired of the way they treat "us" as a family. I'm wondering if his sister will call or stop over before she leaves tomorrow? I will let you girls know! I really hope she does --believe it or not because I think it will really hurt hubby if she doesn't.</span>

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
August 1st, 2006, 11:03 AM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope she gets it together and comes for a visit......

August 1st, 2006, 11:10 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
That was really inconsiderate of her but so glad he is taking a stand! WTG to your hubby!

August 2nd, 2006, 07:00 AM
Updated!!!!
Well SIL never called nor did she come over last night & she lives tonight to go back home. I'm still holding out hope that she calls or stops tonight but I think this is absolutely rude of her. We went over to see her when she came home but she cannot come and see us? Especially her neice who is 7 months old? I know that Jaden doesn't know any better but it breaks my heart that her Aunt and even her grandparents don't want to spend more time with her. At times I think "What did we do wrong?" But I don't think we did anything wrong. Hubby telling her that it was too late to come over is not a wrong or a bad thing. And he didn't even tell her that --she asked if we were going to be up for awhile and he said "nope." For God's sakes and she knew he had worked 16 hours that day. (their dad works at the same place and also got called out for "storm work" the guys got called out at 1am that morning and worked all the next day) She is probably going to go back and never call, etc. If she does she can kiss my butt too. That is rude. And we know that the parents will take her side. Guranteed!!!!!!!

M&M's ROCK!
August 2nd, 2006, 07:44 AM
Veteran
Of course you didn't do anything wrong!

I have the exact same situation with my SIL who lives in Colorado (we're in NJ). And it does break my heart that she doesn't want to spend any time with her niece when she's here. She'd rather go out with her friends and expects us to come and see her when it's convenient for her. And then talk trash about us to the entire family (along with my MIL) when we don't drop and run.

But who's really losing out in the end? The selfish, inconsiderate aunts.

My daughter (and yours too, I'm sure) has enough people who do love her and want to spend time with her that these people really are insignificant.

And when (if) these insignificant people grow up and realize that they want to be a part of our babies' lives, it's going to be too late because our babies will not even know who they are.

Hope that helps!!!

August 2nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Of course you didn't do anything wrong!

I have the exact same situation with my SIL who lives in Colorado (we're in NJ). And it does break my heart that she doesn't want to spend any time with her niece when she's here. She'd rather go out with her friends and expects us to come and see her when it's convenient for her. And then talk trash about us to the entire family (along with my MIL) when we don't drop and run.

But who's really losing out in the end? The selfish, inconsiderate aunts.

My daughter (and yours too, I'm sure) has enough people who do love her and want to spend time with her that these people really are insignificant.

And when (if) these insignificant people grow up and realize that they want to be a part of our babies' lives, it's going to be too late because our babies will not even know who they are.

Hope that helps!!!

[/b]
Thank you for the kind words....it really does sound like our situations are a lot a like the only bad part with us is: My husband's family is all we have. I do not associate with my family which is a long long long story and it has so much bad history. I think the reason we put up with so much from my inlaws is because we don't have anyone else. I told hubby the other day though that there's people who move away from family/friends, etc. and they don't have anyone either and they survive. My son has his Dad's family of course. I guess it goes back to what I said in another post in here I should just sit back and keep my mouth shut because my inlaws are letting their true colors shine thru. And me sitting and venting and $itching at hubby all the time isn't worth it cuz' he is just viewing me as the bad guy. But sitting back and keeping my mouth shut seems to be working cuz they are really screwing up and hubby sees it all on his own. This is terrible to say but someday I hope when any of my inlaws go to grab Jaden she won't go to them and if they ask or wonder why we can just say "Cuz you never see her!" SIL doesn't even have to wait until hubby gets home from work; I'm home all day with the kids (except my son today and yesterday cuz' he left to go with his other Aunt from his Dad's side of the family) And she is 5 mins away from us so she could come over and see Jaden a bit more. We get so tired of hearing hubby's parents say "poor ____" because she lives far away from us (we are in PA and she is in the state of Washington) She doesn't have to live there she can come home anytime now! She chose to live there so we get tired of hearing "poor thing" and "she misses her family so much" or "she wants to see the baby so much" well where the heck is she? Grrrrr..... Thanks again!

M&M's ROCK!
August 2nd, 2006, 06:20 PM
I cannot believe this; I just can't!!!!! SIL left to go back home!!!! Without a freaking phone call or a visit!!!! I just cannot get over this! How freaking RUDE!!!!!! All because hubby told her we weren't going to be up when she called at 9:24 at night?! I cannot believe it. Hubby seems fine by it like he isn't upset--I on the other hand am hurt/mad/upset/ --everything U can think of I am at the moment. What the heck did we do wrong? I mean she gets home Friday and doesn't call us; hubby calls her Sat. night and she invites us over for Sunday for dinner at the parents house; we go. We then invite her over Monday night and she doesn't show but calls blah blah blah blah WTH????????? I can't believe that she didn't want to see at least her neice one last time before she left?! I told hubby I am not sending her updates in email anymore either nor am I sending her pictures. I'm done. And I actually thought of mailing her letters in the mail because Sunday she told us since she doesn't have internet at home she goes to the Library to check her email and doesn't have much time (I guess you pay for like a 1/2 hour or something to use the computer/internet at the Library) so I thought about starting to write her letters and mail them to her. But nope I'm not now. She can kiss my butt. We did nothing wrong; I have to keep telling myself that over and over because I'm really starting to lose it here. And FIL left work early today (hubby told me) so he must have been taking her to the airport and not one person said one word to us she was leaving, when she was leaving, etc.....They all can kiss my big butt! What would you ladies do? We know if we would say something to the parents (the inlaws) they are going to take her side and all heck is going to break loose. SIL and MIL are two of the same! ARFFFFFFF

M&M's ROCK!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search