What's your in-laws house like?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2006, 11:40 AM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
<span style="color:#000099">[b]For my in-laws it's sort of clean but it's very very cluttered! I'm not one for clutter like I'm obsessive on this with my house. They have stuff everywhere! They have had a huge roll of carpet for their bedroom in their kitchen for two weeks now right behind the kitchen chairs! And it's not a place to put the baby down and let her "crawl around" no way no how! And I can't see them baby proofing anytime soon. But that's okay cuz' we never go there! The past two Sundays were an exception for us. LOL!

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
August 1st, 2006, 12:20 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My IL's have lived in the same house since 1966 so it is full of clutter! Only real time it gets cleaned up is for the holidays but not anymore since Thanksgiving & Xmas is now held at my MIL's house. Their house used to stink because their kitchen was falling apart but in 2002 they totally remodeled their kitchen and gutted it out so it doesn't stink anymore. The house used to smell like deep fried food and when DH moved in with me, all his stuff smelled like it too.

August 1st, 2006, 03:04 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my inlaws move every year and my mil is very tidy. we always tell her she needs to go into the home staging business because her house looks like a model home.

August 1st, 2006, 03:51 PM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
My MIL's house is kept up pretty nice, though i think some stuff in there is kinda tacky and she has candles EVERYWHERE that are lite that bother's me with having small children. Maybe one day I will knok one over and burn her house down (she leaves them buring when she is out as well.
My FIL's house is always clean but cluttered, but they moved so I am not sure what their new house looks like.

August 1st, 2006, 05:50 PM
Dylans_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Inlaws house is really big. Like 3000+ sq ft which really is too much for me. She had this house built for her because she is the "princess" LOL ANyways she has most of the walls and things in her house are purple. Not really my color lol She just has some tacky looking things!!! Definately not the way my house is.
August 1st, 2006, 06:06 PM
irishxrose
My inlaws are divorced, so obviously they live in two seperate houses lol. My MIL has a nice place, and it's not too cluttered. My only problem with it is that it smells like smoke all the time. They smoke in the house... which is so irritating; so I try not to bring Joshua over that much. I hate doing it... but I have to do what I gotta do to protect my son.

My FIL lives with his parents in this old house in the bad part of town, but their neighborhood is a good place (all the neighbors know each other and everyone is so nice). Their house is CLUTTER CENTRAL! And the kitchen is falling apart... a lot of the tile is just gone. And the carpet is bright orange. Yes, ORANGE. Oh well, they make the house have a lot of personality.
August 1st, 2006, 07:26 PM
Kyra656's Avatar Super Mommy
my IL's house is cluttered ...pretty dirty and smells like cat piss. She doesn't even bother to vacuum when people come over..and leaves the scooped up cat poop from the litter box floating in the toilet so when you go to use it it grosses you out.

August 1st, 2006, 10:15 PM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
Well. They live in an old, run down mobile home, which has a leaky roof, ugly reddish-orange shag carpet, ugly walls and ceilings. It's fairly tidy but very cluttered. It's a tiny place and I wouldn't be caught dead living there. It stinks like mold, mildew, smoke and booze, too. It's nasty. I hate it there. If I ended up in Hell, that is where I would be.
August 2nd, 2006, 08:03 AM
Veteran
It's so nasty! Their dog died 2 years ago, before she died she lost control over bodily functios. Well, her favorite place was the living room.....and they've never even cleaned the carpet! Every time we go visit we have to load up the playpen, 'cause there's no way I'm putting Ian on the floor. Plus they smoke in the house, we have to ask them not to while we are there, but it still reaks! She collects stupid little cheap junk and displays it like art. There are so many things hanging on the walls I can't even tell what color they are!
YUCK!!!
August 2nd, 2006, 08:09 AM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's something I'll say good about my inlaws they did quit smoking in their house while we are there...

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
August 2nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
MinnesotaMommy
My mil house is so bad I make the kids take a bath when we get home and the keep there shoes and socks on while there. I completly trashed.

My fil house is better then the last one the burnt down. But not child proof.
August 2nd, 2006, 10:11 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
My IL's house is OLD.. almost 89 years old so its starting to fall apart. Which is alright we've only been there 4 times since they moved here. But there are pictures of Jordyn and DH everywhere.. None of me.. Im not worthy... She baught a play pen for when she has Jordyn for the night. As IF thats ever going to happen! We'll pick her up IF she ever babysits

August 2nd, 2006, 10:57 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
F-I-L-T-H-Y! And smelly! Four day old dishes sitting in the sink, (they do have a dishwasher). Dust and dirt everywhere. The whole place smells like dogs and birds. The cook top is so bad its black. And don't even get me started on the state of the bathroom. Its actually quite a nice house, or would be if it were cleaner.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

August 3rd, 2006, 01:06 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
It is very cluttered and messy.. We took pics over there a few months ago and my hubby made me crop them before I put them on here.. He didn't want everyone to think that it was our house and our mess..
And they both smoke.. So their walls are yellow and everything has an odor.. My MIL moved pics on the wall. And there was perfect squares of white where the pics used to hang.
August 3rd, 2006, 12:37 PM
** Mandy **
Interesting topic... my in-laws keep their house very neat and clean. The interesting thing I find is how it is decorated. Some of the rooms are very bare. The other thing is that their living room is so horrible! It is 70's colors all around - especially the furniture. Plus, the 30 year old fake plants gotta go. hehe!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search