Anyone actually like their ILS?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2006, 07:27 PM
mmsmom_25's Avatar Veteran
Am I the only one out there that likes their inlaws? I think that they are great! My mother is the one that drives me up the wall most of the time, sometimes I can't celieve that I actually lived with her for 20 years of my life! I was just wondering if there was anyone else in the same boat as me because I seem to be the minority here!
August 1st, 2006, 07:32 PM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
No, but I wish I did. I always wanted the MIL that I could sit and talk to on the phone, or go and visit.

August 1st, 2006, 10:09 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I love everyone except my BIL & his wife. They are such snotty snobby people.

When I was married to my first husband I had the mother-in-law from HELL! She was such a pain and in our business 100% of the time.

August 1st, 2006, 10:22 PM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
I HATE my MIL. I don't mind my FIL sometimes, although he's an alcoholic and is drunk 90% of the time. Other than that he's really nice. Redneck though. My BIL's are okay too.
August 1st, 2006, 10:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was going to ask the same thing! I can't believe that there are SO many people who don't get along with their ILS although in most cases I can see where you are coming from some of them just sound like total witches and such.

Me on the other hand couldn't live without my ILS! I used to joke with DF that I'd marry him just so his mother was my IL They really are a great help to me and SO wonderful!

I guess it just makes up for what I don't have with my parents. Don't talk to either of them. As for the rest of the ILS not a thing wrong with them get along with them great!

But mmsmom I think we are definatly a minority in getting along with in laws!!

</div>
August 2nd, 2006, 04:54 AM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont hate my inlaws. They drive me crazy sometimes and can be a little weird about things, but they're not that bad. They don't call us all the time, they never come over, and they pretty much stay out of out business. I think all that would make me not like them more.
August 2nd, 2006, 05:56 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
I have no problem with my ILs! I love love love DH's grandma (she raised him) and I like his mom alot too. He has 6 sisters, 4 of which I have actually talked to more than once and one of them (the youngest) babysits DSD for us sometimes during the summer and I have taken her swimming with me before, she is a great kid. He has 2 brothers that I have met......1 of them I cant stand because of how immature he is and how stupid he acts and DH doesnt ever talk to him or anything and the other one (his half brother) is a big part of our life and we get along great. He is almost like my own brother. DH also has a number of other brothers that I have never met because he doesnt have a relationship with them, they are all half brothers with different moms, and there are some he hasnt even met....so........LOL. But, almost all of DH's family LOVES me and the ones that dont, well, I barely know them. hahaha. Now, all of my immediate family love love loves DH also, but the ones that he has never met (and will never meet if I have anything to do with it) he would have a problem with them if he did meet them. They are family that I rarely talk to because of how stuck up and self righteous they are and I dont even want DH to have to even think a minute about their behavior if he were to meet them. They have made comments about him without ever meeting him and talked about our getting married behind my back without knowing a thing about him. Their biggest "problem" I guess is that he has a daughter. They all assumed he had been married before. Well, he hasnt, DSD was a one-night-stand-suprise! hahaha. I guess not everyone can be so openminded and non-judgmental and I suppose I was asking too much of them when I thought they could look past it all and see that I was so happy. Oh well! That is why I didnt invite any of them to my wedding!! They all acted like they were hurt but deep down I know they were just mad cause they didnt get to come and make a big production and ruin my wedding.

ANYWAY......I guess I got a little off track! hahaha. Guess I still have some pent up frustration!! hheehhehe

So, no, you are not the only one, I love my inlaws (almost all of them) and we get along great! But DH isnt that close to any of his family so I dont see them very much and I suppose that probably helps! hahah. His mom has 8 kids and I think that since DH is the oldest and she didnt raise him anyway she probably just doesnt have the time to butt into our business Thank goodness for big families! hehehe

Casey

August 2nd, 2006, 10:12 AM
MinnesotaMommy
I don't mind my fil, its just mainly my mil.
August 3rd, 2006, 03:23 PM
CBMS
I have often wondered the same thing as I have read lots of horror stories on here (and I'm so thankful it isn't me in those awful spots!). Personally, I *love* my in laws... all of them--I love my M&FIL, my brothers-IL, and my SIL that are on his side. I also love my SIL that is married to my brother.

I guess I'm just really lucky. Actually, I like mine so much that when I leave from spending a day with them, I feel like I love my husband more. They are just so wonderful to all of us! My parents and my ILs love each other, too!

And I too wonder about my own mother. She's a pill, to say the very least.

ETA: I married a momma's boy, so I am really thrilled that she and I get along! My ex was a momma's boy, and she was a b**** to be nice about it... I could say worse, and it would all be true!
August 3rd, 2006, 04:08 PM
mrobinson
Quote:
Am I the only one out there that likes their inlaws? I think that they are great! My mother is the one that drives me up the wall most of the time, sometimes I can't celieve that I actually lived with her for 20 years of my life! I was just wondering if there was anyone else in the same boat as me because I seem to be the minority here![/b]
I had a really rocky relationship with my MIL but it's getting way better. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, she is, DH is or what but I like it. I've always loved my FIL. Dh and his brother have such a rocky relationship since our niece was born.. It makes me sad but I can't make them make up.

My own family makes up for bad inlaws!
August 4th, 2006, 01:02 AM
chlodoll
I dont hate my inlaws. They just dont like me lol
August 4th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Lisadear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Lisadear Send a message via Yahoo to Lisadear
I'd have to say I'm real lucky with this ...

both my inlaws are divorced and remarried so not only do I have MIL and FIL ... I also have step MIL and step FIL

I've been divorced for 12 years now and really I have zero problems with them ... they are the ones who take care of my kids EVERY day while I'm at work and they're taking the kids to tobago on vacation with them for two weeks commencing Sunday.

sometimes ... and this might sound mean but it is true ... my mom should take lessons from them or follow their example when it comes to treating persons like a human lol

oh and really ... I think they didnt like their own son ... they adore me LOL

xxx Lisa xxx

</div>
August 4th, 2006, 09:16 AM
** Mandy **
They are OK. They aren't hurtful or mean so that is good. I've just been annoyed with them recently because the are around so much and I really wish they would back off. They also have a tendency to make future plans for my child and our future children (that according to them we are having). I can blow this stuff off if I don't have to see them very often but it starts to wear on me. There are some other things that annoy me about them but I will stop there. They mean well I know.

August 4th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
My FIL is alright.. I swear he as ADD so its like dealing with a kid... But my MIL shes just something else.. When DH and I were dating she always tried to set him up with other women so he would move to where she was and shed send him pictures of single women so ever since then yeah Ive held a sore spot for her

August 4th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JessicaPalmi Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaPalmi
in the beginning my MIL and I got along great. Then I moved in with her in between DH and I looking for a house. That ruined the relationship that we had. When we moved out I could not stand her and at one point we almost got into a fist fight, DH had to carry me up to our room while she was chasing after us....lol, but when I got pregnant with our first son, I realized I was forever tied with this woman and I took it one day at a time and prayed through it, and I love her! She and I have both grown so much in life....we have become really good friends, I just had to be a bigger person and make the first step towards healing.

My FIL and I on the other hand is a different story. I have tried and tried, but the man drives me out of my mind and I love him because he is part of the reason my husband is here today, but I dont care for him so much.....lol

My BILs and SILs are okay....both SILs are great if you cater to their needs and wishes....I keep my distance but we get along when we have to be face to face. and my oldest BIL is keeping his distance from the family so I do not know him so well, and the other 2 BILs are in their teens and they are great as far as teen boys go....lol

August 7th, 2006, 11:17 AM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
I get along with my MIL. We've had a rocky relationship due to the fact that we temporarily lived with them. I think that in that situation it's almost impossible to get along with somone 100% of the time. MIL annoys me with the things she says and does, but she is never nasty to me. She is def a gossip queen. I like my BIL and SIL, but my other BIL and SIL are huge trouble makers and I can't stand them.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

August 7th, 2006, 11:27 AM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wont say that I hate my IL's because it is a strong word but I certainly can't stand them and don't agree with them. I do however, hate being around them. There is not enough time in this life to tell you how my IL's are. Lets just leave it as they are from he!!.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

August 7th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i love my inlaws they just drive me nuts sometimes. same with my parents though.

August 7th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Stacia
I like my MIL, she has been nothing but nice to me. I can't stand my FIL though, he hates women and on top of that hates everything American so he can't stand me. I do consider myself lucky though at least he never calls or makes any effort to communicate with us. My ex MIL was a nut case. She used to call 5-6 times everyday. we stopped answering the phone for a few days and she called the cops and told them that I killed her son. So at 2:30am we had cops banging down the door and walking through the house making sure everything was OK. That was nothing compared to other things she used to do!

I like my MIL, she has been nothing but nice to me. I can't stand my FIL though, he hates women and on top of that hates everything American so he can't stand me. I do consider myself lucky though at least he never calls or makes any effort to communicate with us. My ex MIL was a nut case. She used to call 5-6 times everyday. we stopped answering the phone for a few days and she called the cops and told them that I killed her son. So at 2:30am we had cops banging down the door and walking through the house making sure everything was OK. That was nothing compared to other things she used to do!

« vent | Inlaws | hello!!! »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search