how do your kids react around them?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2006, 07:57 PM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
I can tell ds gets quite uncomfortable around her. How do you explain why "one nana is nice, but the other is the opposite" without offending dh??? he doesnt like when i talk nicely of my parents, when his arent the nicest out there

August 1st, 2006, 10:00 PM
Veteran
Ian is scared to death of all of them. It's weird. Dh used to say that it was because he didn't see them much, but he sees them ALOT more than some of my family. So, he can't say that now. So, Ian doesn't get left with them
August 1st, 2006, 10:08 PM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
Amber hasn't seen that side of the family for i don't know how many months, so I'm interested to see how she'd react.
August 2nd, 2006, 05:34 AM
Veteran
Hailey's ok around them, but she pretty much loves everyone so that's no indication.

I think she's going to get very confused soon. My MIL has literally spent HOURS trying to think of what she wants Hailey to call her. She's come up with Grandma, Mimi, Grandma Mimi, Grandmi, Grami, etc. So Hailey isn't going to know WHAT her name is.

She refers to herself as a different name every time she sees her or writes a card.

Oh, to have that much time on my hands!

August 2nd, 2006, 06:05 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
Well, DH and I dont have any kids together yet but he does have a daughter. DH's inlaws (my family ) just LOVES DSD!! They treat her like their very own blood grandchild/great neice/neice/whatever. She goes and spends days and sometimes weeks down there with all of my family. They all have to share her and bounce her around from house to house so that everyone has the chance to spoil her. She calls them all nana or papaw and puts their first name after it......my mom is Nana Randi and my stepmom is Nana Bobbi........she came up with it herself and they all just thought it was the greatest thing. She calls my grandparents just plain mamaw and papaw and my aunt she calls Aunt. I think DH was a little suprised that they took to her and welcomed her so quick. After their first real meeting they started telling her she could call them whatever she wanted cause she was unsure and thats when she gave them all their names. LOL. They really treat her no different than if she were related to them by blood. I think she would be able to tell if there were some distance in their relationship or anything like that, but there isnt and she is so comfortable around them.

Casey

August 2nd, 2006, 12:34 PM
appifanie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i heard of someone who's baby cries everytime MIL holds her - oh, i hope my girl learns that
Olivia Grace ~ October 26, 2006 ~ 6:04a.m.

August 2nd, 2006, 12:42 PM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
Tori gets a long with them pretty good. Though she has never liked MIL's husband much at all. He used tosay it was because he had a bread, but the last time we saw them he did not have it anymore and she would NOT go near him LOL I think it is funny because I cannot stand the man. And he wants to be called Grandpa Jeff, but she will jsut call him Jeff. but even when I talk about them I call him Grandpa since that is my DH's family, but I think it is funny. She is starting to pick up that MIL and I don't get a long very well.

August 2nd, 2006, 01:35 PM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i heard of someone who's baby cries everytime MIL holds her - oh, i hope my girl learns that [/b]
For awhile there everytime my MIL held Jaden --she cried. I mean it was so apparent she didn't like her. Now that was when Jaden was around 4 mos or so but now Jaden is Miss Friendly to everyone. I mean MIL even got mad when she was here cuz' Jaden cried everytime she held her. LOL

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search