Does your SO ever.....

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2006, 11:10 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
compare you to his mother? If so, in what ways?

August 2nd, 2006, 04:51 AM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorta.....he'll usually say things like (especailly when I'm cooking) "My mom does it like this....." It drives me crazy!!!
August 2nd, 2006, 06:12 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
He used to make little comments about how his grandmaw would get up at 4am and clean the house before going to work and when she got home from working all day she would cook dinner and do laundry and clean the rest of the night before going to bed. He would say how "there is a place for everything" and how she never let the house get cluttered and blah blah blah blah. Finally one day I just looked at him and said "If you want someone who cleans like your grandmaw then you should probably move back in with her!" He is always telling me that I am a good housekeeper, great cook and a great wife..........but there have been times when he will mention about how good of a housekeeper his grandmaw was and how hard she worked and still found time to do it all and he will add in that she was in her late 60's and still doing it all. I just look at him with my "LOOK" and he usually shuts up. Hahahah. I know he isnt trying to make me feel bad, but he isnt very good at it! He doesnt do it very often now though, after I went off on him one day telling him that he knew how I was WAY before marrying me and if he was that unhappy with how I did things that he should have thought about that before asking me to marry him! Then I threw in the thing about how he can go back and live with his grandma if he wanted to. lol. Ever since then he has been pretty good about telling me how good the house looks and how great of a wife I am. hahahaahah MEN!

casey

August 2nd, 2006, 06:19 AM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
LOL no oyther than that we both are stuborn but that is really as far as it goes. He knows I am a better mom to our kids than she was to him Plus I think he know sI would kill him if he started doing that kind of thing LOL

August 2nd, 2006, 06:28 AM
Veteran
Never.

There's not much to compare. But even if there was, I'm sure that he feels that he's too young to die.

August 2nd, 2006, 08:08 AM
Veteran
He has a couple of times. Like "you are alot like my mom". But, i just remind him that if he wants to see our son grow up, he won't say that ever again!!!
August 2nd, 2006, 10:26 AM
MinnesotaMommy
never has
August 2nd, 2006, 01:42 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
My DH hasn't ever considering he tells me over and over again what a better cook I am than her (her idea of home cooking is instant mashed potatoes on holidays...blechhh!), a better housekeeper and everything.

My ex-husband did though. Nothing I did compared to his mother.

August 2nd, 2006, 01:46 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
NO thank heavens... I would have to divorce him if he did.. LOL
August 3rd, 2006, 02:08 AM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
If he ever compared me to his mother, I would leave him. 100% serious about this. I cannot stand the woman.
August 3rd, 2006, 03:55 AM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Never.

There's not much to compare. But even if there was, I'm sure that he feels that he's too young to die.

[/b]

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

August 3rd, 2006, 12:36 PM
** Mandy **
He used to but he now realizes that we are so different that there isn't even a point to it anymore.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search