What do your hubby's think?

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2006, 01:41 PM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to know what everyone's husbands think about how we don't care for their parents?
Who's side do they take?
How do they deal with it?
Do you fight a lot about your inlaws?
Does anyone's husband know about them being in this Thread? LOL

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
August 2nd, 2006, 01:43 PM
m.and.a
I care deeply for my inlaws, I just can't convince my MIL that not everything is about her. My husband sees that she's wrong and I rarely have to complain about it. IMHO, wives should just let their MIL's hang themselves. If a hubby is smart, and not a total momma's boy, he'll get it, otherwise, his wife will seem just as manipulative as his mom. Never try to out manipulate her. Let her do the complaining about you, he'll tire of it.
August 2nd, 2006, 01:48 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Who's side do they take? Mine since he knows his brother is a giant idiot
How do they deal with it? he will tell his brother to shut the f--- up
Do you fight a lot about your inlaws? with my BIL & his wife yes
Does anyone's husband know about them being in this Thread? LOL yes he does know

August 2nd, 2006, 03:13 PM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who's side do they take? he doesnt really take sides...he's quiet
How do they deal with it? they dont really....very bad communication in their family lol.....they dont know how to deal with stuff
Do you fight a lot about your inlaws? yeah, but it's usually just me arguing lol
Does anyone's husband know about them being in this Thread? LOL No
August 2nd, 2006, 04:58 PM
duality's Avatar Miss Mama
I want to know what everyone's husbands think about how we don't care for their parents? He understands now. When we first got together he thought his dad walked on water and he just couldn't understand why anybody would have a problem with him but now that his dad says the things about me that he does (and does the things he does to try to get us to split) he sees why I cannot stand him and do not want him around.
Who's side do they take? Now, he sees where I'm coming from. Before, he tried to fend for his dad, saying that "his stepmom made him the way he was and that he's only saying those things about me because of the stress with her". But since having Ayden, his dad has done nothing but badmouth me and try his hardest to ruin our relationship. He trashtalks me for NO reason whatsoever and tries to convince Brandon hat I'm "taking him away from his father".
How do they deal with it? He tries to ignore it, I guess.
Do you fight a lot about your inlaws? No. We used to disagree about it quite a bit but now Brandon sees who REALLY is the one with the problem now.

August 2nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
Meegan
I want to know what everyone's husbands think about how we don't care for their parents? It is well justified, and he knows it. He used to get mad at me for hating his folks, but after he started to see their evil ways, he realized that I was NOT the one in the wrong.
Who's side do they take? Depends. Lately he has been taking my side, but usually he takes his moms cuz she cries. Literally. So manipulative.
How do they deal with it? He thinks ignoring the problems is the answer, but that just lets them get away with the bad behavior they exhibit.
Do you fight a lot about your inlaws? Not so much since we have had our baby, but before that, yeah. Especially during our wedding planning.
Does anyone's husband know about them being in this Thread? No, but if he finds out I will be ok with it.
August 3rd, 2006, 02:05 AM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
Who's side do they take? SO takes my side most of the time. His mother takes her mother's side.
How do they deal with it? SO will either try to make things better or will ignore the problem. He's been wanting me to forgive his mom but I refuse, especially since she hasn't apologized yet.
Do you fight a lot about your inlaws? Yes. Constantly. And when we fight about something else, I always bring them up and how they hate me, etc. I don't let things go.
Does anyone's husband know about them being in this Thread? LOL He certainly does not. lol.
August 3rd, 2006, 03:59 AM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to know what everyone's husbands think about how we don't care for their parents?
He agrees with how I feel a good part of the time.

Who's side do they take? Whoever is right. (and if he knows what's good for him its me)

How do they deal with it? Rodger will at time let the feathers fly but its usually apart of a larger on-going work arguement.

Do you fight a lot about your inlaws? Nope. We have once or twice but haven't for ages.

Does anyone's husband know about them being in this Thread? What he doesn't know can't hurt him right?

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

August 3rd, 2006, 09:50 AM
littleangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to littleangel
Who's side do they take? usually mine, or he does not take a side and tells us we have to deal with it.How do they deal with it? hope it will go away I suppose...
Do you fight a lot about your inlaws? not yet, but I have a feeling when he gets home there will be a HUGE fightDoes anyone's husband know about them being in this Thread? LOL No not yet...but I am sure he will when he gets home. i am sure he will be glad of it, I have some place other than him to complain about MIL

August 3rd, 2006, 11:13 AM
I want to know what everyone's husbands think about how we don't care for their parents? Well hubby and I were fighting a lot about it but after this past weekend he is starting to see for himself the way they are and he is starting to take a small stand.
Who's side do they take? He knows what they are like but he likes to ignore it. He gets mad at me cuz I complain and $itch about it to often to him.
How do they deal with it? He tries to hide from it all or ignore it
Do you fight a lot about your inlaws? YES!!!!!
Does anyone's husband know about them being in this Thread? LOL
YES I told him the other night when we had a huge fight about his family. I try to tell him that I'm not the only one who sees things the way I do.
[/quote]

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
August 3rd, 2006, 12:34 PM
** Mandy **
I want to know what everyone's husbands think about how we don't care for their parents? DH is not happy about it and brings it up randomly to try to make me feel guilty.

Who's side do they take? I think his first reaction is always to take their side but I have let him know in no uncertain terms that it is not going to fly so he better start respecting my opinion. (he is better).

How do they deal with it? At this point he basically lets us both have our opinions and tries to compromise. Which I think is good, I can live with that. I just wish he wouldn't bring things up randomly just to nag at me or make me feel guilty.

Do you fight a lot about your inlaws? not a lot but sometimes.

Does anyone's husband know about them being in this Thread? LOL. Haha! NO!

August 3rd, 2006, 04:15 PM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
Quote:
Who's side do they take? He takes hers, which I seriously dont know why
How do they deal with it? Unless if he physically see's her putting me down - he wont intervene. But if he hears from other family members that she is - he just kinda ignores it - which really upsets me
Do you fight a lot about your inlaws? Yes, a lot. Its one of the major stresses in our relationship
Does anyone's husband know about them being in this Thread? Gosh NO! I need SOMEONE to talk to about all this since I cant with anyone else. Bottling it up cant be any good, can it?
[/b]

August 3rd, 2006, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Who's side do they take? He takes hers, which I seriously dont know why
How do they deal with it? Unless if he physically see's her putting me down - he wont intervene. But if he hears from other family members that she is - he just kinda ignores it - which really upsets me
Do you fight a lot about your inlaws? Yes, a lot. Its one of the major stresses in our relationship
Does anyone's husband know about them being in this Thread? Gosh NO! I need SOMEONE to talk to about all this since I cant with anyone else. Bottling it up cant be any good, can it?
[/b]
[/b]
Our situations sound a lot a like

M&M's ROCK!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search