Getting things off my chest!!!

Forum: Inlaws

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inlaws LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2006, 07:44 AM
Veteran
Ok ladies I could really use your help! My MIL is pretty much evil, that's the best way to sum her up. I know that's harsh but I can't think of one good thing about her. I could write a novel on all the things she's done or said. A little backgroud, MIL is actually dh's grandma by blood, she raised him. It's a big, long, confusing story, I could write another post on that alone! Anyway, she's in her 70s and in really bad health, she smokes like a chimney. she's been griping at me since Ian was born because I don't let her babysit. She don't like the way I raise my child. Well at Christmas, dh talked me into leaving Ian with them because it hurt his feelings that I wouldn't let Ian be close to them and blah, blah, blah. Ian was 3 1/2 months at the time. I felt guilty, so I agreed she could watch him for 2 hours as long as someone else was there with her, just in case!!! At the time he was eating every 4 hours, 5oz of formula. I fed him just before we left him, and I sent 2 extra bottles and formula (I always pack more than I need). He shouldn't have needed to eat until after we picked him up. We got there and she had shoved BOTH bottles down him !!! I was so mad, and he was up all night with a bellyache. She said "well he wouldn't stop crying". Well, we had a cell phone, why didn't she call me?!! Since I left him there, he cries like he's scared of them. He's almost a year old and he still does it! I've never left him over there again. MIL tries to say it's because he's not used to them, he don't see them enough! That is a lie, he sees them at least once a week . He doesn't do that with ANY of my family! Both of my brothers live out of town, like 4 hours away, so they have only seen him maybe 3 or 4 times. And he loves them. Other than my parents he doesn't see many of my family. The main thing that creeps me out though, is that MIL will follow me in to the other room while we are there, to watch us change Ian's diaper!!! It's not like I need help!!! I told dh that it really bothers me. He's a big mama's boy, and he said "she's just not used to seeing me change a diaper". He's a year old , GET OVER IT!!! I'm sooo sorry this has been such a long post! If you're still here, thanks. And I could use some advice, because I swear the next time I see her, I'm gonna blow up!!! Just so you know, I haven't even told you a tenth of all the stuff that bothers me, I just didn't want to make it THAT long!!!
Thanks again, Brandi
August 3rd, 2006, 11:08 AM
*Bry*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ok ladies I could really use your help! My MIL is pretty much evil, that's the best way to sum her up. I know that's harsh but I can't think of one good thing about her. I could write a novel on all the things she's done or said. A little backgroud, MIL is actually dh's grandma by blood, she raised him. It's a big, long, confusing story, I could write another post on that alone! Anyway, she's in her 70s and in really bad health, she smokes like a chimney. she's been griping at me since Ian was born because I don't let her babysit. She don't like the way I raise my child. Well at Christmas, dh talked me into leaving Ian with them because it hurt his feelings that I wouldn't let Ian be close to them and blah, blah, blah. Ian was 3 1/2 months at the time. I felt guilty, so I agreed she could watch him for 2 hours as long as someone else was there with her, just in case!!! At the time he was eating every 4 hours, 5oz of formula. I fed him just before we left him, and I sent 2 extra bottles and formula (I always pack more than I need). He shouldn't have needed to eat until after we picked him up. We got there and she had shoved BOTH bottles down him !!! I was so mad, and he was up all night with a bellyache. She said "well he wouldn't stop crying". Well, we had a cell phone, why didn't she call me?!! Since I left him there, he cries like he's scared of them. He's almost a year old and he still does it! I've never left him over there again. MIL tries to say it's because he's not used to them, he don't see them enough! That is a lie, he sees them at least once a week . He doesn't do that with ANY of my family! Both of my brothers live out of town, like 4 hours away, so they have only seen him maybe 3 or 4 times. And he loves them. Other than my parents he doesn't see many of my family. The main thing that creeps me out though, is that MIL will follow me in to the other room while we are there, to watch us change Ian's diaper!!! It's not like I need help!!! I told dh that it really bothers me. He's a big mama's boy, and he said "she's just not used to seeing me change a diaper". He's a year old , GET OVER IT!!! I'm sooo sorry this has been such a long post! If you're still here, thanks. And I could use some advice, because I swear the next time I see her, I'm gonna blow up!!! Just so you know, I haven't even told you a tenth of all the stuff that bothers me, I just didn't want to make it THAT long!!!
Thanks again, Brandi[/b]
I'd use the excuse she is too old to watch him. LOL Seriously though. Go with your Motherly insticts and if you do not feel comfortable leaving him with her don't do it. You don't need to make anyone else feel better. Just worry about you, your husband and first and foremost your son! Seriously. Don't feel bad either my inlaws haven't watched my daughter and she is 7 months old In fact I haven't left her with anyone yet but my inlaws well I dont really wanna leave her with them cuz I don't particularly like them and because they don't listen to a thing we say. That's a sign to me not to leave her with them because they don't follow "our" rules. Vent all you want dear!!!!

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow yet we forget that he is someone today."

M&M's ROCK!
August 3rd, 2006, 12:55 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I agree with Serenity on this one.

August 3rd, 2006, 01:10 PM
Veteran
Oh no, he's never been left with them again! Hubby has only asked me one more time, and he didn't like the response he got, so he hasn't asked again. He knows how angry I was. I was like the Hulk, I just wanted to smash her face.lol. It just really, really creeps me out the way she watches me change his diaper.
Thanks ladies
August 3rd, 2006, 09:12 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies. By the way, I am from East Texas, south of Tyler.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search